Fourtie Three

Hailee's POV

It was 11pm and Y/n and I were watching Sex Education. It is such a funny show. "I swear, if Maeve and Otis don't end up together, I'm never watching Netflix again", y/n says. I laugh. "I don't know I almost prefer Otis and Ruby", I mess. Y/n looks at me funny. "you can't be serious", she says sternly. "no I am", I say. "fine stand in the way of true love then", she says. "of course I'm messing, they belong together", I say. "good, that's the right answer", she says. I smile. My phone starts to ring. I look over and see that Ella wants to facetime. "wait pause that", I say. Y/n pauses the show and I answer. "hey Ella what's up", I say. "Hailee, those pictures at the airport", she says. "oh, we got papped but y/n covered her face", I say. "it's not that just read the article", Ella says. "what's going on", y/n says. "I don't know let me check, send me the article Ella", I say. "hold on, one sec", she says. "hey Ella", y/n says. "hey y/n, so good to finally meet you", Ella says. Hailee turns her phone toward me so I am face to face with Ella. Ella waves at her and she waves back. Ella sends the link and I click it. Y/n moves closer so she can see my screen. The headline 'Hailee Steinfeld isn't single anymore'. "well shit", y/n says. I scroll down and there are the pictures from the airport. "actually I don't look to bad in that photo, although I look a bit like that meme", she says. I start laughing. "haha will you stop you look great", I say. "I'm not worried it's full of shit that article", I say. "you don't have to respond to it Hailee", Ella says. "I'm not going to but thank you for sending it to me Ella, I'll talk to you soon", I say. "bye Ella", y/n says. "bye guys, have fun", Ella says. I hang up the call. "I hear the paps are everywhere in LA", y/n says. "they are and New York, it is pap central", I say putting my phone down. Y/ns phone starts to ring. She moves over and grabs her phone. "it's my mam", she says as she answers. "howye Mam", she says. "ah how are ye love, are ye alright, how's America", Bernie asks. "Mam, it's proper lovely, it's amazing", she says. Y/n turns her phone to face me. "ah how are ya Hailee, are ye well", Bernie asks. "hey Bernie, I'm all good thank you, how are you", I ask. "ah I'm grand missing y/n a little but I'm glad she's having the time of her life", Bernie says. "me too", I say and smile at y/n. "listen ill let ye go y/n, I'll talk to you soon", Bernie says. "alright Mam take care, say the same to Dad, bye", she says. Y/n hangs up. "whenever you speak to another Irish person your accent comes out properly and it's kinda cute and funny", I say. "really, well not being biased but the Irish accent is the best", she laughs. "so hard to understand sometimes", I say.

It was 3am and I was startled awake by a loud thump. I turn my bed side lamp on and see y/n on the floor. She groans loudly. "y/n what the hell are you doing", I ask a little annoyed. "I went to the toliet and on the way back I just got really lightheaded", she says trying to get up off the floor. I get out of bed and helped her up. "are you okay", I ask worried. "yeah I'll be grand probably just the jet lag again", she says. We both get back into bed and cuddle up to each other. Within minutes we were both sound asleep.