Fourtie Eight

Hailee's POV

We got back to my place. I put my keys in the drawer by the door. Y/n walked ahead of me and lay down on the couch. "I'm so tired, and it's only 3pm", she says. "well we did do a workout this morning aswell", I say walking over to her. She holds her arms up and I smile. I walk over to her and gently lie down on top of her. She wraps her arms around me. This is one of the times that I have never felt safer. I had my head against her chest and I could feel her heart beating, pretty fast. "you wanna open the gift", I say. "yeah", she says letting go of me. I sit up and she picks the bag off the ground. She unties the ribbon at the top and puts her arm in. She pulls out a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms, Billies Merch. Her face drops. "shut the fuck up bro", she says jumping up. I laugh at her. "this is so hard to get I'd been trying for ages", she squeals. "try it on", I say. "okay but no peeking while I get changed", she says. I look give her a confused look. "I'm only messing, plus it's a tracksuit ill just try it on over this", she says. She puts the hoodie on and the bottoms after. She walks over to my mirror. "oh shit, yeah baby, this is amazing", she says. "how can you pull off everything that you wear", I ask. "you think", she asks. "of course sweetie", I say. She sits back down next to me. "how will I thank her", she says as she gets her phone. "ill try her insta I guess but she probably gets millions of spam messages", she says. "yeah you can try that or you can text Finneas off my phone", I say. I grab my phone and it to her. "nice wallpaper", she smirks. It was a picture of her, taking photos in Rome. She texted Finneas and thanked him very much, and texted Billie aswell and gave me back my phone.
"also Hailee, I've an idea for your music video, I know you are on time off but hear me out", she says. "of course let me hear it", I say. "for one scene at least I've been trying this cool transition and it would involve you jumping in the pool with clothes on", she says. "okay", I say. "can you keep your eyes open underwater", she laughs. "kinda, but I'll try", I say.

We spent the next few hours songwriting together and singing. She wasn't only my girlfriend but also almost a cowriter at this stage. My phone buzzed and I looked at it. "Billie replied here", I say and give her my phone. "ohhhhhhh", she says and takes my phone. "she says it was no problem and that it was a pleasure to meet me, and she hopes that we stay well", she says. "tell her we say the same and that I'll catch up with her soon", I say. Y/n starts to type and then her face changes. "what's wrong", I ask. "is that Cameron texting you, as in Cameron your Ex", she asks. I go quiet. "Hailee", she says. She hands me my phone and I look at it. "yeah, uh yeah it is", I say quietly. "does he want something or", she asks. "uh well no", I say. "then why is he texting you, I mean he's aloud, but just a bit weird to be texting your ex a few years on you know", she says. "yeah I guess, but we remained kinda close after our breakup and just talk every once in a while", I say. "oh, okay, fair enough", she says as she gets up off the couch. "y/n, where are you going", I ask. "a shower", she says. "it's not what you think y/n", I say. She leaves and closes the bathroom door. "shit", I say to myself.