1 ⇾ and we're back!

(For anyone who skipped "Important" make sure to read Young Lies FIRST! Otherwise you will be confused lol)

"Dad? Why are you crying?" I ask as soon as I walk into the kitchen.

The whole kitchen is decorated with balloons with all sorts of different types of breakfast.

"I-I'm not crying, I just have something in my eye." He mumbles while trying to discreetly wipe away his tears.

"Dad..."

"Grayson, you're freaking the poor girl out." Sophia, my stepmom laughs as she walks into the kitchen to join us.

They got married about two years ago and she's an amazing woman.

Far better than that bitch Macy.

I actually happened to be the one to introduce them after she treated me when I accidentally fell off of my skateboard.

Note to self: Never let Jade teach you how to skateboard.

During that time dad said he wanted to focus on growing his bond with me so he held back from dating Sophia even though he really liked her.

So, I took matters into my own hands and invited Sophia and dad to lunch.

They hit it off immediately and I saw no red flags in her.

She's been a great motherly figure to look up to and I'm happy to see dad has moved on after the loss of my mom.

"Alright, fine! It's just- you're growing up so fast! I mean I remember how nervous you were on your first day of freshman year and now you're graduating in a few months."

"Dad it's August, I still have 9 months." I laugh before walking over and hugging him.

If it wasn't obvious enough, dad and I have gotten extremely close within the last four years.

He's stuck with me through everything.

He's gone to every one of my tennis matches, he helped me throughout the last 3 years of high school, he taught me how to drive, and he was there after Asher's arrest.

Asher...

I haven't spoken to him ever since the cops put him in the back of that cop car. I just can't get myself to see him even though dad tells me I should.

I just- I don't know what I would say.

Everyone else has gone to see him except for Lina and me.

Speaking of Lina, she's currently in her last year at Julliard and she's fucking thriving. The girl has been discovered by so many broadway talent scouts and even owns her own dance school near the Upper East Side. She and I still have a very close relationship and meet up for lunch at least once a month.

Xander and Arya are still going strong. In fact, Xander actually runs a tutoring company for those with learning disabilities and talks about his own struggles with dyslexia at conferences all around the world. Arya graduated a year early and is part of a cancer research group at USC, she and Xander are preparing to move back to New York this summer so she could attend Columbia Medical School.