51 ⇾ making up

A few days have gone by after the whole accident and we've all been doing our best to help Asher and Lyss recover

Lina has been glued to Asher's side, refusing to let him get up or do anything physical without her there.

He's clearly annoyed that he can't check up on his sister every 5 seconds but he knows she's only down the hall.

Lyss has been in her room resting.

Her injuries were a little worse than Ashers' so she spends most of her time sleeping or watching movies.

Grayson and Sophia were shocked about what happened, but we did leave out the fact that someone tried to hurt them.

We just told them it was shitty wiring and they believed us.

Asher was nervous because he thought Grayson would be mad at him for putting Lyss in harm's way, but when they came to the hospital, they were just happy that both of them were okay.

I was a little shocked that the church burning down wasn't in every headline of every newspaper in New York.

It's almost as if nothing happened.

Richard Bishop gave a speech about the whole ordeal and basically brushed it off.

"Hey girl, how are you feeling?" I ask as Jade and I walk into her room.

"Better."

"You look better than yesterday," Jade says.

That was the most backhanded compliment ever...

I look across her room and my eyes lock on a large bouquet of pink flowers.

"Who are the flowers from?" I ask.

"Oh uh I don't know, they were here when I woke up." She mumbles.

"Is there a card?" Jade asks.

"I haven't bothered to check." She shrugs.

"Can we check?" I ask and she nods.

Jade walks over to the flowers and searches for a card.

She pulls out a mini envelope and hands it to Lyss.

"It's from...Owen?"

"WHAT?!" My sister and I gasp.

"What did he say?"

"Glad to know you can keep your promises."

"Didn't you say he said 'promise me you won't die' before you passed out?" Jade gasps.

"Yeah."

Holy shit.

By the look on Lyss' face, she seems uncomfortable with the topic of Owen so we decide to move past it.

"So...you never told us what you found," Jade says.

"You mean what was on the VHS tape?"

"Yeah."