38 ⇾ betrayal

When Nova called me the other day crying, I immediately thought someone died

I mean she never EVER cries, so don't blame me for thinking the worst-case scenario.

But when she told me about what Lennox did to her, I almost didn't want to believe her.

I mean out of all the brothers, Lennox is by far the least dramatic.

I mean the man is constantly studying or at lacrosse practice to even deal with anyone's drama.

Plus, he seemed like he was so into Nova.

I genuinely thought he liked her.

But I guess not.

After the news broke out about Nova's family, Nova told us that her mom has refused to speak to her.

So, Nova's been staying over at my house until she finds a way to explain everything to her mom.

Nova is blaming herself for everything.

She keeps telling herself that it's her fault for trusting a man and that they're all the same.

I just don't know what to do.

The girls and I have been trying to help her but she's been shutting us out.

"Nova! Come on! We have to get to school." I yell as I knock on the guest room door.

"Lyss! What the fuck? I'm trying to sleep." Asher groans.

"Sorry."

"What's going on?" He asks.

"Boy drama."

"Need help?" He asks and I nod.

He sighs before picking the lock and opening the door.

When we walk in, we find her curled up in bed.

"NOVA!"

"Leave me alone!" She groans.

"Come on Nov! You never miss school."

"Exactly! So it's not a big deal if I miss it this one time."

"Come on Nova!" I yell before ripping off the blanket and pulling at her legs.

"You grab her clothes, I'll get her," Asher says.

"What-"

Suddenly my brother walks up to her and carries her out of the bed.

She tries to protest but my brother doesn't budge.

I grab her clothes and follow them into the bathroom where Asher sets her down.

"Thank you." He nods before going back into his room.

"Alright Nov, go shower and get ready. We're leaving in 10!" I say before shutting the door behind me and walking downstairs.