68 ⇾ young love

(A few months later)

The day is here, we're fucking graduating!

The last graduation I went to turned to complete shit so I'm just hoping that isn't the case this time around.

After the whole incident involving Lennox and his father, the boys convinced their mom to allow them to transfer back to Las Flores meaning they will be graduating with us.

The school struggled to choose a valedictorian so both Nova and Lennox will be graduating at the top of the class and will give a speech during the ceremony.

I finish up my makeup and zip up my dress before walking downstairs.

And just like the first day of school, the kitchen is decorated with all sorts of balloons and decorations.

"Dad...you're crying again." I groan.

"I CAN'T HELP IT!" He argues.

Sophia and Asher chuckle at my dad's reaction.

"You ready to take on the real world baby sis?" Asher asks as I take a seat next to him at the kitchen table.

"No."

"I can't believe you're going to college! It seems like yesterday when I was driving your little freshman self to school." My dad says.

"I know, it feels weird."

The eight of us are going to different places for college.

Lennox and Nova are going to Harvard.

Jules is going to the University of San Diego.

Torrin is going to San Diego State University.

Damien is going to UCLA on a swimming scholarship.

Yes, even after the shit about him using steroids was leaked, he still managed to get a scholarship after successfully convincing college scouts that he's clean.

Jade is also going to UCLA.

Cole is going to UCI on a baseball scholarship.

And I'm going to Chapman University.

It's crazy that 3/4 of our group is going to California.

Suddenly my front door bursts open and all my friends storm in.

Jade makes her way into the kitchen and steals my piece of toast, spreading some peanut butter on it, and eating it.

"Hey, guys." She mumbles while chewing.

Ah yes, I can always depend on Jade to have such great manners.

"Jade...knock on the door!" My dad groans.

"Who's ready to graduate?!" Damien hollers.

"ME!" Everyone yells.

"Babe, we have to leave soon! The school needs us there an hour early for rehearsal." Cole says.