11 ⇾ unwanted company

I know Cole read the note, it was obvious from how awkward he was ever since he gave me back my bag

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I know Cole read the note, it was obvious from how awkward he was ever since he gave me back my bag.

And Cole Bishop is never awkward.

He's been weirdly nice to me and by nice I mean he hasn't been getting on my nerves as much.

"Alyssa, Soph, and I are going out to dinner. Are you sure you're okay staying home alone?" My dad asks as walks into my room to fix his tie.

I quickly shove the letter under one of my pillows.

"I'll be fine dad, don't worry," I assure.

"Okay...I'll leave money for takeout." He says before kissing the top of my head.

I wave goodbye to my parents before heading back up to my room.

I raise my pillow and grab the letter.

My fingers skim over Asher's handwriting.

The note is still folded and closed.

Truth is, I refuse to open it because I'm scared...

I'm scared that I'll be vulnerable and allow myself to trust again.

I know most of you think I'm being too harsh by shutting out my brother but nobody, not even my best friends or father understand how hard it was watching him being taken away from me.

First my mom than him.

It was as if my whole life fell apart before my eyes.

There are times when I do believe that I was too harsh on him, I mean Asher was the only one there for me after our mom died, he always gave the best advice, and he was always in the crowd watching me during any of my games.

He was always there.

But look at me, he needs me now and I'm not there for him.

Jesse, Xander, and Axton were right...maybe it is time I put the grudge behind me.

I begin unfolding the letter, my breaths shaky and my hands sweating.

Fuck, why am I so nervous? It's a fucking letter! It's not like he's physically here with me.

I pause when my phone begins ringing.

Idiot Bishop

Why is he calling me?

I answer.

"Uh hello?"

"Hey." He says, his voice all out of breath.

"What do you want?" I ask while putting the letter down on my nightstand.

"What are you doing?"

"Uh, why?"

"Just asking."

"I'm not doing anything."

"Good, open your window."