22 ⇾ torrin, meet the new girl

The news of Rowan and Julianna's date spread like a fucking forest fire

To say I'm a bit upset would be an understatement, I'm really upset.

I thought she would give me another chance after I told her the truth about what happened with our first date but I guess Rowan got to her before I could.

I wish I could say Rowan isn't good enough for her but in reality, he's a really great guy.

And if he makes Julianna happy, then I'm happy.

But if he breaks her heart, I'll be the first to break his face.

I'm currently releasing stress the best way I know how, playing basketball at the gym.

There's just something about running up and down the court and shooting hoops that helps me feel better.

I usually play my best when I'm under a bunch of stress.

"Your free throws could use some work." I hear a voice say through the music of my headphones.

I look to my right and see a girl with her hands on her hips and a basketball under one of her feet.

"Excuse me?" I chuckle.

"Your form needs some work."

"Really...and what exactly do I need to work on?"

"You don't follow through long enough which is why you've been missing your last few shots." She explains.

"You've been watching me?" I smirk.

"Don't get too cocky, I was only watching because you're playing so poorly." She scoffs before knocking my ball out of my hand and dribbling it down the court.

Who the fuck is this chick?

"Are you coming?" She calls out.

"For what?"

"So I can teach you how to properly play basketball." She rolls her eyes.

I couldn't help but laugh at her sass.

She's a pretty girl, tall, blonde, with bright blue eyes, and a big ass mouth.

"Can I at least get your name...coach?" I ask.

"It's Oakley, and you are?" She asks.

"Torrin," I reply as I reach out my hand for her to shake.

"Well Torrin, let me show you how it's done." She says before bouncing the ball a couple of times and perfectly shooting her free throw.

"Impressive," I mumble.

"I know right."

"How long have you been playing?" I ask her.

"Since I was 3. You?"

"Since I was 3." I chuckle.

"Huh? By the looks of it, it seems like you've been playing for a month." She teases.