30 ⇾ mr.bishop and his secrets

We didn't have sex if that was what you were wondering

We just...fooled around.

I knew Jules wasn't ready yet and I would never force her to do something she doesn't want to.

But, I do appreciate her putting in the effort.

Also, there was no way in hell I would do anything with her knowing her scary-ass brother and his friends were all out in the hall.

I want our first time to be special and intimate.

Anyways, It's currently 10 AM and I decided to skip the first couple of periods to come to visit my dad.

Since he was sentenced to life for murder, we're only allowed to visit him once a month, twice if it's an important holiday like Christmas.

"Hey Rowan, here to see your dad?" One of the guards asks me.

"Yeah." I chuckle.

He hands me a sticker with my name before letting me walk over to an empty table.

My dad's been in jail for 6 years, the guards know me at this point.

Especially since I'm the only one in my family who goes to see him.

My mom refuses to come.

She says seeing him causes her too much pain.

I guess I don't blame her, my dad was almost getting released but once he found out Jonathan Phoenix was gonna be his cellmate, he lost his shit.

My mom and he made a bunch of plans for when he got out but that all went to shit.

Now, my mom struggles to work 3 jobs while trying to pay rent.

I mean do you know how expensive rent is in New York?

Fucking expensive.

I try to help her as much as I can but my mom doesn't let me work.

She tells me that she wants me to focus on school and getting a scholarship for soccer rather than throwing my life away by working some mediocre job.

I love my mom.

I mean it isn't easy raising 3 kids on your own.

In the beginning, I had the same resentment toward my father but at the end of the day, I just decided to let it go.

I mean he is my father and he was always a good dad.

He loves all of us and is doing whatever he can to get out of jail to help us.

"Rowan!" My dad says happily as he walks over to me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Hey, dad."

"I'm glad you're here."