7 ⇾ it's my party and i'll cry if i want to pt.2

I knew from the moment I met Torrin that he was just like me

In front of others, he's outgoing and fun but when he's alone he's awkward and shy.

Are his parents abusive?

No, if they were then all four of them would be distant.

However, I do catch a similar vibe from Damien but he's a lot better at hiding it.

"I'm starting to think you have a crush on him." My fiancé chuckles while wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Calm down, I was just...observing."

"Observing what?

"Torrin," I mumble.

"And what have you come up with?" He asks.

"That he's just like me...he's been hurt," I whisper the last part, making him stiffen.

"You mean he has abusive parents?" He asks with wide eyes.

"Maybe or maybe he used to, I don't know but what I do know is that he's been hurt before...badly."

"Are you gonna ask him about it?"

"I don't know if that's a great idea..."

"I understand but maybe he needs someone like you to talk to...someone who's also experienced similar trauma."

"Maybe. Anyways, how did the talk with Alyssa go?" I ask while turning around to face him.

"Not great, she's still pretty set on not seeing him or reading the letter."

"Don't worry, she'll come through eventually," I assure him.

"Did I tell you how ravishing you look in that dress?" He whispers in my ear, biting my ear lobe in the process.

I feel my breath hitch and-

Wait.

Did he just say "ravishing"?

PLEASE!

We are not in the 1800s.

"Why are you laughing? You're ruining the mood." He groans.

"The mood was ruined as soon as you said 'ravishing'." I giggle.

"I hate you." He mumbles before walking away to his brother.

"YOU LOVE ME!" I yell over the music.

I look over at Torrin again and realize he's finally alone.

I mean the guy has been surrounded by girls all night but from what I've noticed, he only has eyes for one girl...

Julie.

Well, here I go-

Or maybe not?

I don't want to be too pushy...