67 ⇾ finally free

When I wake up, I'm immediately blinded by the bright lights of the hospital room

I try to move to sit up but a sharp pain immediately shoots up my left arm.

"Fuck!" I groan.

"HOLY SHIT!" Someone gasps.

I look over to my left and see Damien.

"Hey man," I mumble.

Damien runs out of the room and returns a few seconds later with my brothers.

"Lennox, thank fucking god!" Cole gasps.

"We're never letting you out of our fucking sight again!" Torrin says.

The three of them sit around my bed, their eyes filled with tears.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"A week."

I look around the room, there are flowers and stuffed animals all over the place.

"What happened to grandpa? Where's dad?" I ask.

The three of them look between each other and stay quiet.

"Hey! What the hell happened?" I ask.

"Grandpa and dad are in jail," Cole mutters.

"W-what?"

I can see why my grandpa is in jail but dad?

"He wanted to talk to Nova when he woke up...he told her to release the audio."

Nova...

"Where is she?" I ask.

"She went home a couple of hours ago, her mom basically had to drag her out. She was literally glued to that chair throughout this last week." Damien says while pointing to the blue chair in the corner of the room.

She was here? This whole time?

"She's blaming herself...for everything," Torrin adds.

"Why? It's not her fault."

"We've been trying to tell her that but she won't listen."

Of course, she won't.

"Since dad wasn't able to say goodbye to you, he wanted us to show you this," Cole says as he pulls out his phone.

It's a video.

I reach over to grab the phone while the three of them walk out of the room.

Okay...

From what I can see, the video was filmed while he was still in the hospital.

I press play.

"Hello Lennox, if you're watching this it means you have woken up. I wanted to start this off by apologizing for everything...all this shit I put you through, no child should ever go through that. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness nor do I expect it, but I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You are an amazing son, brother, and friend and I am proud to tell anyone that you are my son. I should have never brought you, your brothers, and your friends into my shit, I should have been honest with you boys from the start but I guess the fear of you four leaving me was always in the back of my head. I know it's much too late to finally face the consequences of my actions but it's better late than never...right? I just spoke to Nova, I told her to release the audio, and she told me something I was shocked to hear, that you loved me and looked up to me. After finding that out, I knew I no longer wanted to be a coward, if I want any chance of making things right with you four, I need to take some responsibility. Anyways, enough of the sappy emotional bullshit, I'm glad you're okay son and if you do choose to see me again, I'll be here. Also, that Quinn girl is a keeper, she loves you a lot you know? Don't do what I did, don't take her for granted. I love you Lenny and I hope to see you soon."