55 ⇾ like mother, like son

Today is the last day of winter break and I decided that I should reach out to my mom before I have to move away for school

Jade and I spent the last few days talking about this and she kept telling me how she will be there with me when I talk to my mom.

God, I don't deserve this girl.

There are not enough words to describe how much I love her.

"I think I'm gonna shit myself," I mutter.

"Don't overthink this baby and don't worry, I'll be right there next to you," Jade says as she reaches over and holds my shaking hand.

We're currently driving back to Philly to meet her at the diner.

I forgot to mention that she has no idea I'm coming to see her, so this should be interesting.

"Do you think she'll want to talk to me? I mean what if she wants nothing to do with me?"

Great, now I'm starting to freak myself out.

"Then she would be an idiot and miss out on getting to know the most amazing human being ever." She winks.

"You're great for my ego babe."

"I know."

We both laugh and sing along to the music playing through the speakers of my car.

As we get closer and closer to the diner, I feel myself growing more and more nauseous.

When I park, Jade starts getting out of the car but my ass stays glued to my seat.

I couldn't move even if I wanted to.

My door opens and Jade stares down at me.

"Damien? Do you want to go back?"

"No- yes- fuck I don't know! Jade, I thought she was fucking dead when in reality she's only been a couple of hours away from me! A COUPLE HOURS!" I groan.

"Baby, the only way you're gonna get clarity is if you go talk to her."

"I know...I'm just scared of being rejected."

Her eyes soften before she climbs into the car and onto my lap.

"I know it's nerve-wracking and I can't even imagine how scary this is for you, but the only way you'll get an answer to all your questions is if you talk to her."

"I know, I know."

She's right.

No more bitching out D!

"You know, you're pretty good at that."

"At what?"

"Calming me down."

She smiles before grabbing the sides of my face and pulling me in for a kiss.

"If I don't then who will." She smirks.