47 ⇾ revenge is a dish best served cold

I've been avoiding going home for over two weeks

Alyssa and her family have been very patient with me and have told me that they don't mind me staying longer but I think it's time I go home.

"You sure you're ready to do this?" Lyss asks as she helps me pack the rest of my stuff.

"I mean no but I think it's time to rip off the fucking band-aid, right?" I mutter.

"Just tell her the truth Nov-"

"The truth?! You mean the truth where I fell for her rival's son who ended up only wanting me to get dirt on my mom?"

"I'm sure your mom will understand, didn't you say she liked him?" She asks.

"She did but it doesn't change the fact that she wants me to be better than him. I let myself get fucking distracted and that's all my fault."

"You need to stop blaming yourself Nov, I mean we were all shocked about what happened."

"I know, I know I just can't help it."

We finish packing my stuff and she helps me load all of it into my trunk.

I make sure to thank and say goodbye to Alyssa's family before driving off.

I can already see the disappointment on my mom's face.

God and now that my sisters and their families are in the picture...

I really fucked up.

How could I be so stupid?!

I eventually pull into my driveway, debating if I should turn back or not.

My hands are shaking and I feel like I'm about to fucking vomit.

And now that I realize it, my fucking sisters are here too!

Just go in there Nov!

Just as I exit my car I feel my phone vibrate.

It's from Lyss.

"You got this and stop overthinking!!"

I couldn't help but laugh.

I swear my friends know me better than I know myself.

Just as I was about to grab my stuff from the back of my trunk, I noticed a car parked across the street.

A car I know all too well.

Lennox's car.

I immediately slam my door shut and storm into the house.

There's no way in hell I'm letting him twist the story to make himself seem innocent!

I freeze when I see him and my family in the living room.

"Miss Quinn, I'm not gonna lie and say I didn't agree to what my father told me to do because I did, but I never intended to hurt her and you guys in the way I did. You guys welcomed me with open arms and I betrayed your trust in the worst way possible but most of all I'm sorry for hurting your daughter." He explains.