23 ⇾ forgiveness

It's the day of the fucking school dance

Whoopie.

God, I'm still pissed at Alyssa for agreeing.

The last thing I want to be doing is dancing in a stuffy, BO-scented school gym.

I guess the only good thing about tonight is that I'll be with all my friends.

But that's literally all.

Anyways, I guess I should give you all an update after what happened.

I'm doing okay, still slowly getting used to going to school and volleyball practice but I'm okay.

My sister and Damien have been like my own personal bodyguards over the past few weeks and it's starting to get on my nerves.

I get that they're just trying to look out for me but everything is fine now.

They can stop breathing down my neck every five fucking seconds.

"Where are you going?" My sister asks just as I was about to walk out of the front door.

"Fuck Jules, you scared me!" I groan as I reach for the doorknob.

"Answer the question, Jade."

"I'm just going to the mall. I need to grab a couple of things before tonight." I shrug.

"Alright, let me grab my bag and I'll come with-"

"NO!"

She freezes before raising a brow.

"Look Jules, I appreciate you watching over me but I'm perfectly capable of going to the mall on my own," I say as nicely as possible.

She let out a sigh before giving me the "are you sure?" look.

"Okay, but if anything happens-"

"I'll make sure to call you." I finish before quickly walking out of the door.

Yeah...I am not going to the mall.

Truth is, my dad sent me an email out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago asking if he could talk to me.

Just me.

At first, I was about to delete the email and move on with my life.

However, I figured I might as well see what the fucker has to say.

It's been over 4 years.

I just want to see how much his life has changed.

I didn't tell my sister or Jess because they would tell me not to go.

He told me to meet him at some restaurant downtown.

So I quickly got in my car and put the directions in my GPS before taking off.