6 ⇾ it's my party and i'll cry if i want to pt.1

Earlier that week

Earlier that week...

"Dude this is such a bad idea," Xander says as we pull into a parking spot.

"I think it's a good idea," Axton says.

"There's nothing smart about trying to rekindle a relationship when one of the people literally hates the other," Xander explains.

"Dude, Alyssa doesn't hate him, she could never hate anyone," I explained.

"Plus, they had such a strong relationship and I think that if we talk to her, we will be able to get her to talk to him. I mean he's only 4 years into his sentence and he hasn't had visitors since we all left." Axton adds.

"Fine but if Lyss comes at us with a knife, I'm sacrificing you both first," Xander says before getting out of the car.

Axton and I quickly followed him before making our way into the jail.

We go through the whole process of walking through a metal detector and getting patted down before we are escorted to a table where a bunch of other people are sitting and talking to loved ones.

I'm fucking nervous.

We haven't seen him in almost 4 years.

"Phoenix!" A guard calls out in the hallway.

I feel my palms begin to sweat and my breaths grow faster.

Soon enough, a man appears wearing an orange jumpsuit with the same tattoos all over his body.

"Holy shit." I hear Xander gasp.

He looks so different, his hair is longer, he has a few new scars and bruises all over his body, and most of all, he's lost his smile.

Well at least I thought that but when he looked up and made eye contact with each of us, a huge smile appeared on his face and tears began to form in his eyes.

He waits patiently for the guard to take off his handcuffs before embracing us in the tightest hug I've ever received.

"Hey man," I mumble while feeling my own tears beginning to blur my vision.

"Fuck I missed you guys." He murmurs before pulling away and taking a seat across from us.

"We missed you too, man." Xander chuckles while wiping the side of his eyes.

"Well...catch me up! What's been going on in your lives?" He asks.

"Well, The guys and I are on our second tour, we're about to head to Europe in a couple of weeks to finish up the tour and we won a fucking grammy a year ago," I explain.

"You actually won a grammy?! Holy shit dude, that's been on your bucket list forever." He chuckles.

"Yeah man, it was fucking surreal."