The deal

Chapter Four

Samuel's POV

Screwed. He was royally screwed.

It had been a week since Lola's impromptu proposal and Mayowa's advice. Mayowa's advice was perfect but he wasn't the type of guy that would play with someone's emotions even if the person was a bitch like Lola.

Yet, the deadline for the bank was fast approaching. He was in a sore mood until he heard Racheal's voice. He was never tired or angry whenever it comes to his baby, she was the only thing that made his life meaningful.

"Daddy." She shook him. He was so tired that he was sleeping on the couch with his laptop in front of him. He was looking for a solution or other ways to convince Lola without her being his Mrs.

"I want to go visit Ken," She said. He was still feeling very sleepy, and couldn't process what she was trying to say.

"What Ken?"

She grumbled and he felt her shaking him more. "You know, my friend in school Ken. My best friend."

"Okay. Can you call Tola, so she can drop you at Ken's?" He tried to sit up but every bone in his body protested. That was the result of pulling an all-night and still trying to work something out so early on a Saturday morning. His whole life is now all shades of busyness.

She grumbled, "I don't want Tola or Mimi. I want you to take me there."

Rachel could be so cute and also so annoying. She never got the fact that he could be tired or very busy. She always wanted him to take her everywhere. Always wanted to tag along with him. One of these moments was the reason he missed Lara so much. He was so certain she would have been of great help to him, yet, he wouldn't trade Racheal happiness for anything regardless of how annoying she could be.

He tried lifting her but she had grown so much weight, so he pulled her on my leg, willing his eyes to stay open and alert. "Baby girl, I promise to take you some other time. Let Tola take you today."

She was quiet for a while and he was already saying thanks to his father in heaven, but then she said, "Tola will ask us to take public transport. I don't like it. I want you to take me in your car." She wriggled on my leg and I sighed. He already lost this particular war that he is certain of.

"Okay, but can I take my bath first?"

She nodded eagerly and tuned the station to a music channel. He skipped up the stairs to his bedroom. The bed called his attention, and beside it, his wedding pictures sat on a small cupboard in a frame. He moved closer to it and stared at Lara's beautiful face.

How I miss her?

She was the older version of Rachael. They both have shiny black skin, with long eyelashes, that puppy eyes that made him do everything they say, slim and he loves them both.

He sighed and dropped the frame back. Reminiscing on Lara would end only in one thing - tears. The tears he was not willing to shed from the beginning of the week. He dragged himself into the bathroom, took his bath and dressed in a casual top and trousers. He could already picture Racheal fuming downstairs about why dressing up was taking him a lot of time when he was not even a woman.

The moment he got down and saw Racheal focused on the song playing on the television, he wished he could just drop somewhere and sleep. But, he won't hear the end of the matter.

"Babe, I am ready. Are we going or should we focus on our music?" He said.

Racheal turned her head and laughed, "No way, dad. You know I don't miss appointments, and there is no way I will miss this appointment with Ken."