I Want To Protect Her With You.

Lola's POV

The death threat was back and she had no reason why.   She was staring at the note on her table.    

I am coming for you prostitute. Die. 

First of all, she doesn't deserve to be called a prostitute and she was a mature woman who as the right to date whoever she wants to.  Although she wasn't dating anyone right now, people believed she was.   The threat always starts when she was in a new relationship but she would soon enough.  She found it fun staying with Samuel and it's just two days. 

There was no way she was going to avoid him or Rachel because of this threat.  And moreover, the threats always end by itself without her doing anything.  She was sure that soon enough, she would stop receiving threats from whoever was sending them.

Feyi walked into the office with more files in her hand.  "We already selected a student for the scholarship programme.  There are some files that require your attention.
She dropped the said files on the table and left Lola alone.  Lola was quick to start working on each of the files.  Three hours later, she made numerous calls and settled some of the issues they were having.   She was about to take a break when she received a call from an unknown number.   She picked it up. 

"Hello," it was a question from her side.  She was trying to ask who was calling her. 

"Lola Makinde.  You are mine." Then the person hung up.  Lola could feel her heart in her head.  For some reason, it was scarier than the death notes she had been receiving. She belongs to nobody.   She tried calling the number back but it was unavailable.  
Lola, calm down.  It might be one of your competitors trying to shake you up.  Don't be scared.  She tried telling herself. Just then her phone rang again and it was Samuel who called.  She breathed in and out to control her heartbeat. 

"Good afternoon, handsome." She said. 

"Afternoon.  I just called to ask if we have any plans for the day so I can close early."

She hadn't thought of that.  The wedding was fast approaching and they haven't gotten to know things they ought to know. 

She cleared her throat, "Sure.  I will clear my schedule so that we can meet up.  Where are we meeting?" 

"I don't think a public place is good for us.  How about we meet somewhere private?" 

"Like where?" 

"Huh. Come to my hotel. I will give you a tour and we can also get to know each other."

"A hotel, sir.  Are we not getting ahead of ourselves." 

She heard him cough, "That's not it.  Just want to show you around."

"If you say so."

He tried saying something else but she hung up and started laughing.  He was so easy to tease.   She started clearing her tables when Feyi came to him. 

"Ma'am, a man is here to see you."

Her heart skipped a beat.  Samuel was here to pick her up so soon.  

"Tell him I am coming." She picked piles of files and dropped them on one another, trying to fight the smile on her face.  He was finally opening up to her.  She picked up her phone and her bag and then walked fast out of her office. 

The smile on her face was wide, as she looked up but then it vanished when she saw a face she wasn't expecting.  

"What are you doing here?" She whispered.   It was Dave.  They hadn't been in touch ever since the breakup and why had Feyi not told her it was Dave.  She eyed Feyi but the latter was busy with something on her laptop.