Showoff makes us Lucky.

Samuel's POV

Samuel was restless; the guys had dropped him at his house, and Rachael and Laura were back there with more security courtesy of Dan. Laura had been waiting for him in the living room while Rachael slept on her lap, probably tired of waiting.

When he got home, Laura had drilled him, and he had told her what he knew. He told her what they had found out, but that didn't put Laura at ease, like it didn't put Samuel at ease. Laura had cried until she fell asleep. Even Tola and Mimi were bothered about Lola's disappearances, so they remained quiet. They knew better than to disturb him.

Once he was sure everyone in his household was fast asleep and safe, Samuel picked up his phone and called Akin. It was midnight, but he couldn't sleep. Not with Lola out there in danger. When the phone continued to ring for a while, he had thought Akin wouldn't pick up until he heard a goofy sound at the other side of the line.

He knew he had woken Akin up, but he didn't apologize. His mind was too occupied to bother with courtesy, "I need your help, Akin."

Akin chuckled at the other side of the phone, "I knew you were going to call; I have been waiting for you."

Samuel didn't ask how he knew. "I need to go back there. I need to save Lola."

He heard Akin sighed, "Guy, it's midnight. Can we wait and follow Tomi's plan? It's not a bad idea to burst that place; I know what I am saying."

Samuel shook his head, "I know it's not a bad idea, but I don't trust the authorities in this country. They can just mess things up, and it could become more dangerous for Lola. I can't lose another woman I love."

He heard a lady's voice, probably Akin's wife, asking him questions, and he looked long at the empty side of the bed. After the voice dimmed, he continued. "I'm not saying we go immediate now. But, earlier than Tomi's plan. I could inform Dan so we can be armed if that's what you are afraid of. I really need to do this for Lola and my sanity. I won't forgive myself if something happens to her."

Akin sighed at the other side, "Fine. Inform Dan but make sure he brings only arms. We don't need to crowd in when all we are doing is sneaking in."

Samuel thanked Akin profusely and immediately hung up; he had called Dan. Dan picked up on the first beep like his hand was already on the button. When he spoke, his voice was crystal clear. Samuel could tell he was having trouble sleeping without his Boss around. "Any update, Sir."

Dan must have run helter-skelter without result to be ready to depend on Samuel's information; when it came to Lola's safety, he had always had total control.

So, Samuel told him all he knew. He was recapping the story for the second time that night. Every little piece of information was glued to his head, and even without Akin's coordination, he could drive to the hideout alone now, but he wasn't that stupid. Unlike Akin, who wanted to wait till the day break, Dan insisted on coming to his place immediately to get ready. He didn't mind that it was midnight and it was dangerous.

Knowing that his bed held no comfort for him, he waited for Dan in the living room, and when he arrived, they moved into action, arranging small guns, knives, and anything helpful on them. It had been a while since Samuel handled anything dangerous, so Dan had to put him through a few things to get him ready.

Every second they spent waiting for Akin was antagonizing to Samuel. He felt like he would break down any second or just drive Dan to the hideout. It was a relief when Akin arrived dressed in all-black attire. He looked different to Samuel, but there was no time to comment on that. The trio got into the car and set off to the hideout.