Family Day 2

Lola' Pov.

As far as Lola could tell, the event was going almost perfectly.  The organizers had done well and the children's performance was good.

The Mc came back to the stage immediately the audience gave the students a standing ovation for their last performance.  Lola and Samuel were also standing and had a wide smiles on their lips, as Rachael was part of those who performed.

"Thank you our parents. That was a lovely performance from our student. That was brilliantly done. Our parents, can you see that your children are in good hands?" She teased, earning a fresh round of applause from the parents.

They all sat down and waited for the next on the agenda.

"I am thinking of donating more to the school," Lola said.

Samuel's eyes doubled their usual size. "Don't do that because of Rachael. I already appreciate all you are doing for her."

She turned towards the stage, "It's not just for Rachael.  I do things like this a lot, and I am just impressed at the effort the teacher put into educating these children. It's not easy. I feel teachers aren't appreciated enough, and I want to appreciate them in my little way."

Samuel smiled, "That's kind of you, Lola. Let me know when you want to give it to them, I have been inspired by you to give it to them too. I want to encourage teachers in my little way."

The couple smiled at each other. 

"...we will need some parents to nominate each other or others." the Mc announced.

They looked at each other confused. They had been so focused on their chat, that they had missed part of what the MC had said. 

Soon, a parent's hand was in the air, and the teachers who had stood in as ushers rushed to give her the mic.  The parent nominated another parent who Lola felt must be her free from the way the parent stood up and shook her head lazily.

The first parent to nominate seems to have inspired more of the parents as hands shoot up in the air.  It was only the ones given the mic that spoke. Some nominated themselves while some nominated others.  It looked like fun but with no clue as to what the nomination was all about,  Lola kept quiet and watched.

Another hand shot up, and Lola turned to see a tall fair lady smiling in their direction. She turned to Samuel. "Do you know that woman?"

The way she flashed her teeth towards them, she could only be an acquaintance.

Samuel had to search around before he saw her. "Oh. That's Ken's mother. I had met her once."

Lola raised her brow in a teasing manner, "So, you already met your future-in-law. That's cool."

He turned to glare at her, "Don't try to encourage, Rachael. I need you to be by my side, not Rachael's."

She smirked, "Women supporting women."

Samuel's cheeks brushed up in suppressed laughter.

"I nominate the Akinbowales."

Their head jerked back to see Ken's mother holding the mic. She gave them both a thumbs-up, while they were ushered to the stage. 

Rachael waved at them while pointing them out to her friends that she hadn't introduced them to earlier.

Apart from them, eight other parents were standing on the stage with a wide smile. 

"We need one more parent and we are good to go."

Someone nominated herself, and there were ten parents. The hall went silent as they all anticipated what they were supposed to do on the stage.  Even though, she had no idea what it was all about, Lola's competitive side was already making her eager to start and finish whatever it was.  There was no way she was going to disappoint her daughter and boyfriend.