what are we going to do?

Lola's POV

"He is hot and he is a good man." Laura sighed.   She had forgotten that she was homeless for now and continued gushing about Samuel's hotness. The moment Samuel had dropped the bags and said good night to the ladies.  She sighed and talked about how good-looking he was.  Then, she moved to how he was so caring and understanding.  Now, she was telling Lola to hold on to him because he was one of those rare gems she wouldn't be able to pick up again.

Lola thanked her for her observations.  She offered her cold water before asking her to tell her what happened and why she was out of the house.

"Remember, I told you that I had a feeling that Chief was cheating on me."

Lola nodded. 

"Well, he was cheating on me but not with a lady as I thought."

Now, Lola was confused.  If Chief was cheating on her, and it was not with a lady.  Then who was he cheating with?

"You mean chief is gay?"

Laura's tears spring down again like the running tap had been opened.  Lola pulled her closer trying to stop the tears.  If the chief was gay, why did he marry Laura?  How did he give birth to his children who were currently living abroad?

"Then... Why? How?" Lola couldn't form a coherent word.  She might not like old men but the fact that the chief was gay was baffling.  She had gone to events with the man, and she had seen the way he looks at women.  He looked at them as if he were undressing them with his eyes.  He was using his eyes to rape them.   That's why he wasn't surprised when Laura thought he was cheating.  A man who looks at other women that way would cheat.

"Most of the messages I screenshot and thought were from women, they are from men.   It would have been better if they were women.  The confidence about being the only woman to capture my man's heart was gone.  I can't believe I was sharing him with another man."

Lola was speechless.  She had no idea how to comfort someone whose husband was gay.  "How did you find out?  Did you catch him red-handed?"

She nodded, "I caught him red-handed with one of his friends.  They were both gays."

Mehn!  To think that Laura had rejected a lot of young guys just to stick to the old man.  She knew the old man's money was another reason Laura loved him but she was faithful.  Yet, he was cheating with a friend.

"I couldn't ask him anything.  I just started packing my luggage and then realise I have nowhere to go apart from your place.  I decided to call you then."

Lola was glad she called her.  Laura wasn't lucky with her family, so she had always stuck with Lola.   Another reason Lola wouldn't judge her for loving money.  She would never judge anyone for any reason. 

She allowed Laura to rest after eating.  

The next day, she was expecting Samuel to ask him to leave but to her surprise, he treated her like she had been living with them forever.  They sat together to eat breakfast, discussing like it was the most normal thing in the world.   Laura was smiling at some things Samuel said, so she was sure he was only trying to make her feel better after seeing her in a bad state.

"Do you have friends that are funny as you?" Laura asked Samuel.  

They were eating rice and beans with stew that contained assorted meats that Lola had woke up to prepare that morning.  It was becoming one of her favourite things to do.  Wake up and prepare food for the family.   Racheal sat their busy stocking foods in her mouth and Lola was also silent eating her food.