The First Appearance

Lola's P.O.V.

Wow. She hadn't expected him to agree to date her so easily. He must have been in a serious financial crisis. It was funny how after learning how much he owed, she couldn't help but think of how that could drain a company.

She arrived at the office and the bodyguards she had restricted from following her to Samuel's house took their position behind her. She hated being monitored but there was nothing else she could do.

The staff bowed - part-time staff that works on Saturdays alone - as she moved to the elevator and finally got to the last floor. Being on her private floor, she shook her behind and did her victory dance. It might not be a love match but she was finally in a relationship. Again.

Lola loved to love. And she also loves to be loved.

Immediately she settled in her office, Feyi made her appearance with different files and documents in her hand. Lola was in a happy mood, so she couldn't complain.

"Good morning, Feyi. I thought I gave you this Saturday off."

"We have a lot to deal with, ma. I couldn't miss coming to work." She frowns. It was obvious she wasn't happy coming to work. Lola would also want to be with her family on a weekend, that was why she had hired special staff for weekends.

"There is something called mail. That's how we have been doing this," She raised a brow.

Feyi dropped most of the files on her table. "I know, ma. But they are urgent matters that require my presence here."

Lola sighed, "Well, tell me about these urgent matters so that you can take your leave."

"I got a call from the manager of our hotel in Abuja and a prominent member of the society gave up the ghost there. The police want to see the owner of the hotel. The hotel has been closed for now."

She raised a brow again. "Did she tell them I owned the hotel?"

"She said she did, but they insisted on seeing you."

"Did I kill the person or what's my business with that? These people can spoil someone's business.". She hissed and picked up her phone. "Have you informed my lawyer?"

"I called Mr Rotimi first."

"And?"

"He is on the next available flight to Abuja. Yet, he also requested your presence."

Mehn, I don't have time for all this. I am supposed to be dating.

"Is that the reason you came to work?"

Feyi nodded.

"Well, you can go. It's not a situation I can't handle."

Feyi stood still. "Are you sure you are going to be fine? I can follow you to Abuja."

Lola smiled. "I can handle this. It's one of the minor things, you know. Plus I have the guards with me, I will be fine."

Feyi looked doubtful.

"Can you just leave here and go to your family?"

After a few minutes of staring at Lola, she finally nodded and moved her leg.

"Call me."

Lola nodded. And that was another reason it was not easy to replace Lola. Apart from working as a secretary, she also acted as a friend, another thing Lola doesn't have in surplus - friends. When one was busy turning her father's company into a multi-million company one usually missed some things in life. She missed having loyal friends. Thank God for Laura.