Uncertain

Chapter Seven

Lola's POV

"And what about the list of contractors to work on the building in Lekki?" Lola said. She was having a meeting with Feyi to discuss her schedule for the day. Mostly, whenever she is discussing her schedule with Feyi there was always a frown on her face but today she was smiling at everything Feyi said. Her mother had been deceived that she actually called her and prayed for her. She told her that she was proud of her if only her mother knew that the money she usually abuses was responsible for all this.

"We have the list of contractors who applied for the contract, and we are waiting for your approval," Feyi replied bringing out the list from the folders in her hand. She set it on the table, "Also, the scholarship you award every year to the less privileged to attend your school. It is that time of the year again."

Lola picked the list of contractors and sighed. She doesn't want to think of everything she had to do today."When will I be free?"

Feyi raised a brow and checked her schedule. "Your schedule is packed for the day but you have a thirty minutes break by 1: 00 pm"

Lola checked her wristwatch and it was just 10:00 am. How was she supposed to win a man's heart when she was always busy. Busy with meetings, appointments and the likes of them. There was always something to do at work, at home, charity work and all the likes.

"Is there anything I can omit or have someone else represent me?" She said.

Feyi looked through the schedule again. "There is nothing, ma. You have to be present for everything."

Mehn! Truly, heavy is the head that wears the crown. She had never thought that she was too busy before. This was one of the reasons she had missed out on dating right when she was younger, she was too busy building her empire.

She nodded at Feyi, "You are dismissed."

The moment Feyi left, she picked up her phone to call Samuel. He picked up at the first ringing.

"Good morning, handsome." She said immediately he picked up.

"Good morning, ma"

"Do you realise that now that we are dating you can't be calling me ma? It will look suspicious," She picked up the list trying to figure out what she can pass on to Feyi. Sometimes she feels sorry for Feyi because working with a workaholic like herself had made her also very busy, and now she was planning on making her busier. It doesn't feel right in a way but she had to do what she had to do. Maybe she would pay her some bonus.

"I don't feel right calling you your name. You are my employer right now."

This guy can be so frustrating sometimes.

"It's a contract."

"And you already fulfilled your part. I received the notice from the bank that you already paid. I haven't done anything on my part, so you are the employer."

She really didn't want to argue this morning, so she let it go. "Are you at work?" she literally smacked her head. Really smooth. Of course, he would be at work. It's Monday.

"I am at work. Why do you ask?" He sounded confused.

"Nothing much, just trying to figure out if I can come over to your place after work."

He was silent for a while, and all she could hear is the shuffling of papers before he responded. "Do we actually need that? There will be nobody to show off to there?" He said.