Sister's Forever

Lola's POV

"I am going with you." Laura placed her feet at the door of her car. Lola sighed. They already had this conversation a million times. She was going to distribute invitations to the guests. She wanted to go herself, maybe she might guess who the stalker was and there wouldn't be a reason to hold this party. The stalker might be overwhelmed by having her in his house and that might just give him away, but having Laura with her would obviously spoil that plan, but it doesn't seem to concern Laura. "There is no way I am allowing you to go to a dangerous place alone."

She sighed, "It's not dangerous, Laura. Moreover, all these things we have been working on for the past week now are all dangerous."

It was one week later since she had convinced the idea for the mentor–mentee program. During the one week, she had gone to the orphanage to inform the director what she planned to do. It was only going to consist of the senior orphans, the ones with the high possibility of getting discharged soon. Apart from the little education they had acquired from the orphanage school, this was going to be a way to help them stand fit after leaving the orphanage. She was able to convince the director to allow her to transport the children out of the orphanage – she wouldn't want to put a lot of children in danger. She had promised tight security, and it was going to be held in her mansion which had security cameras everywhere. That was the little she could do for using little children for her selfish needs.

The director had to think about it for two days, but because she was one of the highest contributors to their orphanage, she agreed. Or maybe it was because she trusted her enough to keep the children safe.

After that, she held a meeting with the guys to tell them what she planned to do. Just like every one of her outings these days, Laura had insisted on going, and she had followed her. Not that she followed whatever they were discussing as she kept stealing glances at Mayor. Lola had shaken her head lightly before diving into her plans.

Lekan had promised to wiretap the hall they were going to use for the program. Dan had promised high security everywhere. Samuel had insisted that he was going to be in charge of hospitality, so he could bring in people who could monitor things with a pen camera. Junior Boy had promised to inform the chief of police and have his number on speed dial in case of anything. Everyone had brought one or two opinions, and Lola had shed tears that they were willing to go to that length for her.

They had picked the perfect date and time. All that was left was for Lola to invite them personally and make sure that they promised to come over, but Laura was making that impossible if she wouldn't leave her car door.

"I don't care if what we have been doing is dangerous or not. You are my sister, Lola, and I won't let any harm come near you."

She rolled her eyes, "Do you remember that I have trained bodyguards for things like this? If I needed security as badly as you are implying it, I can just ask for one."

"Then do. Do I have to call Dan or that Bimbo? As long as you are not going alone, I am fine."

Lola sighed. She had five places to go today, and five more the next day, as she couldn't just drop the invitation and take off. She needed to strike up a conversation with them, and find clues. "Don't you remember who I am? I am Lola Makinde of Makinde's group of companies, so who can harm me just for going to tell them about a party I am hosting."

"What I remember is that you are my sister and I will be hurt if anything happens to you. I don't care for the rest."

She checked her wristwatch – they had been on this for the past thirty minutes. "Fine, call Bimbo then."

Laura frowned and smiled. Soon, she was yelling Bimbo's name with her leg still attached to the car. Lola sighed. She should have known that she wouldn't leave. Instead of Bimbo, it was Samuel who came out with Rachael behind her. One stare at Laura and Rachael already have a question.

"Mummy, what is Aunt Laura doing?"

Lola smirked towards her, and Laura rolled her eyes. "Rachael darling, Aunty Laura is making sure your mummy is fine."

Her face only twisted into more confusion. Seriously, Lola didn't have the time for whatever was going on. She faced Samuel, "Please, dear, tell Laura to go inside. If I did not drop the invitations, then all our plans would be useless. No one would know we are hosting a party."

Laura smiled, "Uncle Samuel, tell your Lola dear that I won't let her leave alone. She has to go with someone. It's not that difficult."

"You know I have to go alone."

Samuel sighed, "I am sorry, Lola, but I think Laura is right. I already hate the fact that you are going alone. I will go with you."

"No!" Lola proclaimed. She didn't want to hear any other thing. It might have been dangerous for her to go, but it was more dangerous for Samuel. What if this stalker saw them together and decided to hurt them? He was going to hurt Samuel more and then what would happen to Rachael?

Her eyes slid to Rachael, "Rachael darling, can you do something for me?"

She nodded eagerly.

"Can you keep the company of your dad today? Make sure he doesn't go out at all. If you do that, I promise you that we will go out together when I come back."

Rachael looked more confused. Lola knew she had more questions to ask, and Samuel only laughed at her."Okay. If you want me to stay inside all day, then you have to compromise. You are going with Dan. No argument."

Her eyes slid to Laura who wore a wide smile.

"I am never telling you anything about my outings again."

Laura pulled her tongue out jokingly, "I will know. You don't have a choice."

Samuel was already speaking with Dan on the phone. Soon, he hung up and faced Lola. "We will wait here until Dan gets here. Luckily, he was on his way here before, so he would be here soon."

Accepting fate, Lola sat in the car and waited.

Rachael took one glance at her and faced her father. "Is mummy angry?"

Samuel nodded, "I think she is, but we are doing this for mummy's sake. Sometimes the people you love would be angry at you for doing the right thing, but later they would appreciate what you have done for them."

Rachael nodded, "So, that's how mummy feels right now."

"Yes."

She smiled and moved closer to Lola, "Don't worry, mummy. Daddy is only doing this for your sake."

She sighed, "I know."

They all remained quiet until Dan came. He got out of his car, greeted them, and got into Lola's car.

Lola sighed. It seemed she wouldn't be going alone after all.

"Are you ready to go, boss?"