Truth Or Dare

Samuel's POV

"Who doesn't need a good drink to clear their thoughts sometimes?" Laura questioned, taking a huge sip of her drink. The guys stared at her in amazement, but Samuel could understand her. It hadn't been long since he had seen the lady crying her eyes out. It was wonderful that she was smiling, and trying to make a conversation with people she had just met.

Lola on the other hand was quiet. Samuel couldn't keep his eyes on her without feeling as if he was trespassing. She was beautiful, simply put, and breathtaking. He couldn't stare at her in shame after asking her to end the contract as soon as possible.

Lekan smiled at Laura. "A good drink is okay, but overdosing is the problem. Plus, I don't think drinks actually clear one thought, that's just a silly excuse to get oneself drunk."

Ibrahim ignored them and focused his attention on Lola. Samuel wished he could pull his face off her, but he had no right. He was after all just a fake boyfriend. "I am really amazed to meet you, Miss Makinde. As I said earlier, it's a great pleasure. I have always wanted to meet a woman like you."

Lola's response was a shy smile and a nod. Before anyone could say anything, Ibrahim continued, "If you don't mind, ma. Can I get your number?"

"Ibrahim?" Mayor whispered yelled. Samuel balled his hand in a fist. Sometimes, he wonders why Ibrahim was so eager to please wealthy people. He wasn't poor in his own capacity. Rather, he had people who depend on him to feed their families. People who worship the ground he walks on. So, what was his problem?

Ibrahim turned to glare at Mayor, "Any problem, Mayor?"

Samuel sent a wink to Mayor to ignore him. Ibrahim glad that there was no response from Mayor continued, "It will be a privilege to have your number, ma."

Laura slurred, narrowing her eyes on Ibrahim. "You...." She pointed at him, "...do you have a crush on Lola or what? Why do you keep looking at her like that?"

"Laura!" Lola exclaimed. She focused her gaze on her bottle, avoiding everyone. This meeting keeps getting awkward with every passing meeting, thanks to Ibrahim and his greedy ways. He wasn't thinking about others' feelings as usual.

"No. He just admires her knowledge and wealth. That's all." Akin said calmly, leaning on his chair, his eyes zeroed on Lola, although he was responding to Laura. With every moment, Samuel wished he could cart away with Lola, and have all her attention on him. He had never been possessive, but he doesn't want to share the little moment he has with Lola with anyone.

Laura laughed, breaking the tension in the air, "I know. I was just joking. Who wouldn't like Lola? She is beautiful, smart, and wealthy. Samuel is so lucky to have her in his life."

Samuel wished he was really lucky to have her in his life. Mayor responded with a smirk, "Lola is lucky to have Sam too. He is nice, caring, handsome, and very supportive."

Samuel glared at Mayor, who glared back at him. Lola nodded, "Okay. We are here to have fun and get to know each other. Let's not be hostile to one another. I really want to know my sweetheart's friends and Ibrahim, you can have my number. You are Sam's friend, making you my friend too."

"Really!" Ibrahim didn't bother hiding his surprise. Samuel rolled his eyes. He was going to speak to him about that attitude.

"Of course." She nodded. "So, let's all cheer to having fun all night."

They all raised their bottles, clicking them together. "Big cheers to having fun all night."

Laura sighed, "This is amazing." She raised her bottle. "Since we are in a fun mood, why don't we play a little game of knowing ourselves better?"

"Game?" Mayor raised his brow. "Isn't that what children do?"

Laura glared at him. "Playing games isn't limited to children. We can have fun doing it and still get to know one another better as friends. Or how do you suggest we have fun, Mr. Serious?"

Junior boy and Ibrahim chuckled, making Laura send a smile in their direction. Meanwhile, Mayor glared back at Laura, "Just do your things then."

Laura threw a victory smile towards everyone, "Now, let's the fun begin. Let's start with the famous, 'Truth or Dare.'"

Samuel groaned inwardly, hoping he wouldn't say something he wasn't supposed to. Sometimes those games have a way of exposing one's truth.

Soon, Laura had picked a bottle on the table. She cleared the table and put the bottle in the middle. "I will be the first to spin."

Everyone was excited apart from Akin. He looked so bored out of his mind. Even Mayor who was complaining had this curious look that made Samuel smile. He was glad everyone was enjoying the moment together. Well, everyone except Akin.

"I am starting first," Laura said, spinning the bottle. Everyone stared eagerly until the bottle stopped in front of Samuel. He groaned. Why does it have to be him, first? Laura chuckled, "Samuel. Samuel, are you ready?"

His response was a groan.

"Truth or Dare, Samuel?"

"Truth."

With the mischief in Laura eye's, Samuel wished he had picked dare. He had a feeling, he wasn't going to like her question "So, Samuel, on a scale of 10 to 100, how much do you like Lola?"

Everyone turned towards him. He could see how Lola focused on him, and he avoided looking at her. He looked at Laura, "I will say 80. Lola is beautiful, kind, nice, and very caring. She places others feeling above hers."

There was a cooing sound all around them. Samuel felt his cheek hot. Why did he have to add those ones?

"Okay. I am the one spinning now." He turned the bottle, which stopped in front of Mayor. Mayor smiled and said Truth even before he asked him. He must really be having fun for someone who thought games are for children.

He had seen the way he had been bickering with Laura, so he asked. "Do you find Laura attractive or not?"

The smile on Mayor's face was replaced with a frown. He turned a glare towards Samuel and then turned to face Laura. He stared at Laura. Lola stifled a smile. "I guess she is okay."

"Drink up, Mayor. That is no truth. It is either she is attractive or not."

Mayor sent a glare toward Laura. And then proceed to turn the bottle. The bottle stopped in front of Lola. "So, cool. Lola, truth or dare?"

Lola smirked, "Everyone has been taking the easy way out. I pick dare."

Mayor smirked, sending a wink to Samuel. Samuel knew no good will come out of whatever Mayor was planning. He was only trying to get revenge.

"Lola, I dare you to kiss Samuel for five minutes."

Samuel's eyes widened. This must be a joke. "You don't have to do his dare if you don't want to."

Lola shook her head slowly, "But, I want to." She moved towards him, pulled his head closer, and sealed his lips with hers.