Unexpected Idea

Lola's POV

"I can do this. I promise you that I can." Laura said; she was back with her fake British accent. Lola wouldn't claim to miss the accent, but it was also a sign that whatever had bothered her enough to forget about it was no longer a bother. And that was a good thing for her.

"I am not sure. I am still not convinced what the purpose of this party would be, and I doubt I can just invite them to a random party. These are busy personalities. They are important."

She was currently seated on a stand while Laura was doing her make-up. She had begged Lola to let her practice on her face.

"Regardless of what sort of party you want to make it, I can do it. I will be by your side. I promise I will be helpful. And regarding the party, you can just come up with the kind of party you guys did last time." Laura said, applying a blush on her face. She had always practiced at work and sometimes on her own face, but she wanted to hear Lola's opinion on her progress. Her opinion was important to her.

"That's easy because we have been doing it for years, and all those people that joined didn't join the same year. It was a gradual process. If I suddenly tell them I want to host a charity program, most of them won't come. The least they will do will be to send a representative or send the money to me. We need to see them."

Laura paused, titling Lola's face in her hand. She stared at her handwork; she had definitely improved. She had changed Lola's look completely. She let go of her face. "I believe in you, Lola. I know you will get it. You always do."

The level of confidence Laura had in her wasn't the same as Lola had in herself. Yes, she had always figured it out, but none of her past endeavors was ever life-threatening, and she had never cared about people's approval. Now, she had to invite fifteen dignitaries to a party and make sure they approved her invitation. What sort of party would interest billionaires like herself? She knew she hated parties, and nothing would make her attend when she could avoid it. Moments that could have been easily spent making more money would be spent partying. Even to her ears, it seemed like a ridiculous plan.

"I shouldn't have told the guys that I was confident enough, but they were all there because of me and I wanted to do something too."

Laura sat beside her, "Don't push yourself too much, Lola. You can still think about it. Brainstorm like you always do."

"But there is no time. What if he is already plotting something evil already?"

Laura kept quiet. She had never dealt with a stalker before, so she had no idea what they thought. A low knock on the door interrupted them, and she stood up to open the door. Rachael stood at the door with one of her smiles – it only shows that she was planning something.

"Mummy, can I come in?"

"Of course, you are always welcome."

She walked in hiding something behind her. Lola tried to see what she was hiding but she kept hiding it. She gave up and walked back to the bed. Laura was packing up her make-up tools.

"Aunt Laura, I want to do like mummy makeup too."

Laura stared at her with wide eyes, "Rachael, makeup isn't for small girls like you."

She frowned, "But, I am not small. I am ten years old. I am a big girl."

Lola smiled, "Of course, Rachael, you are a big girl, but what you need at this time is to read your book not makeup. This is for a businesswoman only."

Rachael smiled and puffed her chest out, "I am a businesswoman too."

"Really! What business do you do?" Laura asked.

Finally, she brought a book out of her back and sat on the bed. "These are my designs." She placed her hand on the book. On the cover she wrote, Ricki's Design. Lola wanted to laugh but she held it in. Laughing won't encourage the little girl to show her whatever she has designed, and it might trample on her confidence.

Rachael stared at them both before she opened the book. The first page had a design or something that was supposed to look like a design of a Skirt that had a trouser within and a crop top. She wrote a small RD at the bottom of each outfit.

Lola held the book and traced the design, "This is great, Rachael. What's the meaning of this RD?"

Rachael smile only grew bigger that she could hardly contain it. "That's my Brand name, Rachael Design. I saw some of Uncle Mayor's designs, and I wanted it too. I know what I want to be now. A fashion designer, and a businesswoman."

She stopped looking at Lola with big eyes.

"Wow. Rachael that's amazing. It's a brilliant idea. Now, you just have to work towards it."

Suddenly, she slummed on the bed. "I know, but I don't know what to do. Uncle Mayor is always busy. Daddy is always busy, and you are always busy too. Aunt Laura too is now busy. There is no one to put me through what I am supposed to do and not do. What am I supposed to do, mummy?"

Lola stared at her. How did a 'ten years old' have thoughts like this? "So, you want a mentor?"

Her face metamorphosed into confusion, "What's a mentor?"

"A mentor is someone who has experience and you can trust to advise you."

Rachael nodded eagerly, "Yes. That's what I want."

Lola smiled at her. Indirectly, she just helped her solve the problem she was having. Billionaires might not like to party, but they love getting recognition for helping the less privileged. Setting up a program on Mentorship wouldn't be a bad idea, and the perfect people to invite are people who have achieved in life. All of those she needed to invite were part of the group. All she had to do now was to invite them to give a direct speech.

She hugged Rachael and Laura who had been silent chuckled at her. "I told you, Lola. I said you will figure it out."