Let's Meet

Lola's POV

"When will this contract end?" Samuel's voice was low, but she heard it loudly. The words vibrated and resounded in her ears. Had she done something to piss him off? She wasn't sure. Was it because Laura moved into the house with them? It had been long Lola wasn't sure of a thing. She had always been certain of her decisions. She verified her decisions before making a choice, and that made it difficult to lose most of her games.

"Why?" She replied.

Samuel gazed at anything, but Lola. "I feel like it's dragging out, and Rachael is believing we are real. We are giving her false hope. I'm bothered about my daughter."

Lola sighed. She loved Rachael too, and she wouldn't want her hurt because of their decisions as adults. Yet, she thought Samuel had started liking her too. Was she wrong? The more she thought of it, her headaches.

"We haven't seen my mother yet. The reason I started this contract hadn't happened at all. I don't think I can cancel it just like that." She moved closer to Samuel, while he moved backward. Lola arched a brow, 'is he trying to avoid me?' Is that the reason he wanted to call off the contract?

Lola opened her mouth to talk, but, "Hello, Lola!" A loud voice sounded very much like Laura's scream, making them put a distance between them as if they had been doing something bad. "Where are you?"

Sam nodded, "I think you have to see your friend. We can continue the conversation anytime you are less busy. Just give it a thought"

Lola nodded. She already made her decision before starting this whole thing. If she was going to give up that easily, she wouldn't have started this at all. There was no way, she was giving up. It had never been a trait of hers to give up on something she held dear, especially when there were signs that she was progressing.

"There you are." Laura's voice sounded behind her. She turned to glare at Laura. Laura raised her hands up and chuckled. "whoa, calm down. Why are you glaring at me like that?"

"Why do you have to call me at that moment?"

Laura raised a brow, "What moment?"

"I was having an important discussion with Sam, but you had to call my name. What's so important is that you couldn't wait till I get back in our room."

Lola turned and started moving to the room, while Laura followed behind. "I'm sorry, Lola. I had no idea you are discussing with him. Chief sent me a message, and I believe it would be nice if you see it."

Lola nodded absently, while her mind reeled on Sam's words. 'When will the contract end?' Was she that boring, and she thought they were making progress? She needed to top her game if she want to make whatever it is between them work.

Laura shoved her phone in front of her, "Do you see this?" Lola glanced at the phone absently.

Samuel's POV

He let out a deep breath he had no idea he was holding. Thankfully Laura had interrupted the conversation. He had no idea what to say to her. He knew that they haven't achieved any of her part of the contract, but the way he was swaying to her baffles him. So, he thought the best he could do was cut her off. He had never felt this first for a woman, not even for Lara.

He picked up his phone and dialed Mayor's phone. The beeping of the phone aligned with his heartbeat. The more the beeping dragged, the more he was aware of his heartbeat. Finally, Mayor picked up the call and put him out of his misery.

"Hello,"

"What's up, guy? Wetin dey sup?"

"Yawa dey oh" Samuel replied. He moved to his room and dropped on the bed.

"What happened?" Mayor asked.

"I think I am falling for Lola." He said

"And that's a problem?" Mayor's voice was low. He knew why it wasn't a problem for Mayor. He had been trying to get him to date a woman since his wife's demise, but he never wanted to. He didn't want a woman that wasn't Lara except now.

"You know, it's just a business deal between us. What if she thought I am after her because she had paid off my debt."

He heard a sigh, "Wasn't she the one that wanted to become your Mrs. I don't think they will be any problem from confessing your feeling to her."

He shook his head, What if she doesn't have to feel for me the way we thought."

"I think she does have feelings for you."

It was all confusing to him. Lola had approached him because she needed someone to act as her boyfriend to the public, it was for nothing else, and he was busy developing feelings for him, spoiling the plans.

"Don't overthink it, Sam. Why don't you go about talking to her about it first?"

"I don't think there is nothing to talk about, Mayor. I'm just going to bottle up this feeling. I won't destroy the trust she has in me by telling her I have feeling for her."

Mayor sighed, "How about I meet her first? You know I am a good judge of character. I can easily tell you want to expect and what not to expect."

He was silent. Honestly, Mayor had been lucky in judging people for who they are, and the thought of the boys meeting Lola doesn't sound that bad. Lola was also looking forward to meeting the boys, so maybe it wasn't a bad idea.