Charity Party

"Dan, we have an issue at hand." She picked up her phone and thrust it to Dan. She didn't want to inform her security in case it was some minor issue, but the messages are starting to get on her nerve. "What do you think?"

Dan, her head of securities, who was a big man, with ripped muscle, and a thick voice responded. "Ma'am, we have an issue. Why have you been hiding this from me, ma? I need to know when you are been threatened like this. It's not an issue you keep secret."

Dan who had been working for Lola since she resumed her position as the C. E. O of Makinde group of companies was nothing but loyal to her. He knew how she felt about her private life, but there was nothing private about this.

Lola smiled at his response. "I'm sorry I kept it secret. I didn't think it was something serious. Just some fool playing pranks."

Dan nodded, "I get you, ma, but this is something serious. I think we need to increase your securities."

She sighed. This was one of the reasons she hadn't bothered informing them. The privacy she was having with Sam was something she wasn't ready to compromise. "Do we need to increase my security? Can't you just figure out who this fool is and have him dealt with."

Dan used to work as a private investigator before she recruited him, and he was one of the best in his field.

"We will work on that, ma, but I can't leave you any longer without security."

She shook her head. Dan was in charge of her security and he was allowed to make decisions even if she refused, especially when he sensed danger, but Lola didn't want security now. She had that young lady and Rachael to think about. How was she supposed to be staying with them with young men? It was too dangerous.

"Ma, I think you will need to come back to the mansion where they are more security. I have no idea what the security of the place you stay in now looks like, but I don't like it."

Lola chuckled, "The house has good security, and I am in safe hands, Dan. The only thing I need is to have this young or old man captured."

Dan knew there was no changing her mind. "I will work on getting the stalker, but I am sending two of the guys to you, ma. No compromises, ma. I'm just doing my duty."

Lola sighed; this was a problem. How was she supposed to keep Samuel in the dark about what was happening, when she suddenly need to have guards surrounding her?

"Okay, Dan. How about just one of the guys? One you trust enough that won't do shit around young ladies."

Dan nodded, "I have got that covered. I will send one of the guys."

Dan excused himself, already making plans on how to pull his connections in his former working place. He had dealt with a lot of stalkers, and he knew they were more dangerous than many people thought. But, first, he needed to figure out if she was the only one receiving the messages. This type of stalker can be quite possessive.

In the comfort of her office, Lola leaned against her chair and called Samuel. To her communication was the most important thing in a relationship. She needed him to know that she would be coming back with a stranger.

"Hello, dear."

"Hello, sweetie"

The word 'sweetie' sounded like music to her ears. "Are you busy?"

"I am busy, but I have enough time to speak with you. What's wrong?"

She hated the fact that she was about to lie to him at the beginning of their relationship, but it was all for safety purposes. "I have some issues with a rival who is threatening me. I think one of my bodyguards will have to stay with me for a while."