The Plans

Samuel's POV

The guys were all seated looking sober; Samuel had just dropped the news that they were dealing with a potential murder. That just changed the whole game for the guys. They had never dealt with a murderer before; stalker, gambler, fraudster, or any other crime that doesn't involve taking someone's life.

Ibrahim looked doubtful, "I think we should just give up on looking for him, and I think it's best Samuel erase the idea of meeting this guy. He must be very dangerous." He sighed, "The one ex I could have easily gotten in touch with is the dead guy now."

Mayor frowned, "How did he kill someone and no neighbor could say anything, it's not as if this guy is invisible."

"Maybe he is, "Akin announced, turning the whole room's attention to him. They were lost and waited for him to expand on his point. Akin smirked and moved to the front of the room as usual. He unscrewed the marker and wrote invisibility down. Samuel's gaze followed the word. "When you guys mentioned invisible, I guess the only thing you thought was people not seeing him physically, but there are other ways he could be invisible."

Akin turned to the board and wrote down; money, power, and connection. He paused and turned to the guys who stared at the board like students learning from their lecturing.

He pointed at money, "Let's start with money first; you should know that in this part of the world, you can buy anything when you have the money. You can easily buy people's silence even in a murder case. So, there are probably that one or two people might have seen this guy, but they can't say a word because he had bought their silence."

Samuel nodded at that. He had done things like that too, although, he hadn't murdered anyone in his own part.

"Then, two, power; this person might be powerful, that if a person saw him committing that crime. They know that reporting him might put them in danger. Who will ignore danger when it's staring them in the face? A lot of people would rather mind their business."

Everyone nodded again, "And, lastly, connection; this is similar to power. The person might have people in a high position that will willingly cover up their mistake or crime. Either way, we are dealing with someone who has one, two, or three of these things, and the higher the person has the harder it would be for us to get him."

Lekan closed his laptop knowing it had no use in the day's meeting, "So, are you advising us to give up or what?"

Akin shrugged.

Annoyed at the prospect of everything, Mayor jumped up and started pacing the room. He looked annoyed enough for them all. Junior Boy rolled his eyes at him, "Can you please stop pacing, Mayor? You are making me dizzy all of a sudden."

Mayor stopped, and his annoyance was fully directed at Junior Boy now, "You can say that now, Junior Boy. You can announce your dizziness or something. I remembered when you have a problem then no one gave up till we were able to solve it. Samuel had always been there for all of us, but now it was his turn, and we want to give up because of an obstacle."

Lekan was quick to respond, before Junior Boy, knowing it could easily lead to an argument between the guys, "No one is giving up, Mayor. Calm down, we are just looking for the best way to approach this situation as it is strange to us. We have never dealt with a murder that might have money, power, or connection. We don't even know our enemy's identity, so how are we supposed to learn about him."

Samuel nodded, "Calm down, Mayor. I don't want my issue to cause problems between you guys. What we need is a well-laid plan. Right now, it feels as if we aren't heading anywhere, but I believe together we can find a solution."

There was a reason Samuel was the leader of the group, and this was one of the reasons. The guys nodded at him. The room was silent as everyone tried to brainstorm how to solve this. Samuel was dared by them, and they knew if this guy was as dangerous as they were thinking, he might have ill plans for Samuel.

Suddenly Ibrahim raised his hand up, "How about we recruit that Lola's guard? He seems like someone who has experience with this kind of people and we need someone who knows what we are dealing with."

"No." Junior boy opposed immediately, "We have never worked with a stranger before and we are not starting now."

It was Ibrahim glaring at Junior boy now, "We have never dealt with a murder before too. It's an option."

Akin who had been silent all through suddenly speak, "I think Ibrahim has a point. If this person has money, power, and connection, we need everything at our disposal. If this guard has more knowledge than us, we need his knowledge. There has never been a surplus of knowledge, and this is a matter of life and death. Our pride has nothing to do with it."

The discussion had started taking direction in a way that interested Mayor, "I agree with doing anything. I support us recruiting this guard guy."

Lekan shrugged, "I am in for anything that brings progress; if he can give me a tip on how to track these guys, I am willing to learn.

They all looked at Junior Boy, the idea wasn't booming with him, but he couldn't be the only negative voice in the room. "Fine." He said and threw his head sideways.

It remained Samuel and he was conflicted. He didn't want Lola bothered; he had seen how scared she was when she thought something had happened to him. If she knew there was something going on, then she would be more scared. Yet, there was no way he could recruit Dan without Lola's knowledge; the guy was loyal to her alone, and that could mean that Lola might end up joining too, it was too dangerous. Lola had never been one to be behind the scene; she was used to leading and knowing everything going on.

"What do you say, Samuel? Is this our next move?"

He sighed, "There is too much at stake by involving Dan. I think involving him means involving Lola too."

"And is that a problem?" Lekan asked innocently.

"She can be in danger by involving her." He clarified.

Ibrahim sighed, "Let's be honest here. You guys know how much I care about and love Lola Makinde..." The guys smiled. What Ibrahim loved was her status and not her, but no one argued with him. "... I won't want harm to come to her, but whether she joined us or not, she is already in harm. Why do you think she is still single at this age?"

The guy smiled, and Samuel almost punched Ibrahim, even though it was jokingly, "I am glad she is single or I wouldn't have met her."

Mayor wooed and thumps up. "I am proud of you bro, but you need to make a decision. We can't do anything if you don't agree to anything."

Samuel sighed, hoping this wasn't a decision he was going to regret. After thinking for a while, he slum his shoulder, "Fine. I guess I will have to talk to Dan."

The group nodded in agreement, before moving to a less serious issue. Ibrahim was quick to ask, "How is Lola and her beautiful friend?"

Samuel rolled his eyes, "Don't even think about it I.B., unless you want to see Mayor's wrath."

They all turned to Mayor, who picked a marker and threw it at Samuel, "Stop joking around, I don't care Ibrahim."

All the guys laughed except Akin who wore his signal expressionlessface.