The Stalker

Lola's P.O.V.

As she was about to move, someone grabbed her from the back, stopping her. Lola momentarily lost it and almost raised her fist to punch the person. She had learned how to protect herself and wouldn't hesitate to when a situation called for it. But when she turned, she saw Tomi smiling at her. Laura and Samuel were right beside him, glaring at Tomi.

Surprised, she raised her brow at him, "What are you doing out here?" Everyone should be seated in the hall by now, and Tomi had never been the type to be late for an occasion.

He sighed, glancing at his watch, probably checking the time. "I'm just coming. I decided to opt for the African time. I hope I am not too late."

Lola shook her head. She looked behind him; it was empty, safe for some of her guards stationed at every corner in case of an attempted escape. "You came alone. Without guard."

Unlike Seyi, who had surprisingly dressed like a homeless person, Tomi was dressed for the occasion. He wore a three-piece suit matched with a black Italian shoe. His hand was glistening with a golden watch. He looked effortlessly handsome.

He chuckled, making Laura snort. "I'm not going to a war. You invited me to discuss mentorship. Why will I need guards? Plus, I know your mansion will be well secured." He shrugged, "And I am not wrong?" He pointed in the direction of the guards. His gaze slowly moved to Samuel beside her, and he raised a brow in question.

Lola linked her hand with Samuels. "Oh. I'm yet to introduce you to my boyfriend. Tomi, this is my boyfriend, Samuel Akinbowale, and Samuel, this is Tomi Adeyinka, the governor's son."

Tomi groaned, "Come on, Lola. Do you have to add that? You know I hate it when anyone refers to me as the governor's son."

She knew that and had intentionally added it to get a reaction from him. She wanted to know how deep he could fake his feelings, but Tomi was as transparent as they could get. He barely hid his emotions; instead, he avoided situations that would warrant him showing his emotions to others.

Lola's gaze slowly followed. Should she take notice of the sudden changes in Tomi? Could he be the infamous stalker, or what? She was about to question him when another guard came to hasten them.

The M.C. was already on stage giving the open speech; the moment she saw Lola and Tomi, she acknowledged their presence, and they were led to their seat.

On different occasions, Lola would pay rapid attention to what the M.C. was saying in case they were interpreting the purpose of her program excellently or she would need to add some of the missing points while giving her speech. Still, at the moment, she was more focused on her guests. There were fifteen in total: ten males and five females.

On two occasions, her eyes had met Tomi, and he had sent a wink at her, making Lola shudder in her seat. She felt a hand squeezing hers and turned to Samuel.

"Don't be afraid. He can't do anything to you in public. Not when I am with you."

It was supposed to assure her, but it made her uncomfortable. The last thing Lola wanted was to be the reason Samuel would get hurt in any way. She won't forgive herself if that happens.

"Tell me more about this Tomi guy."

Lola's eyes moved to Tomi again, but he was looking elsewhere. She sighed, "I met Tomi in one of our charity programs. Then, he wasn't the governor's son; he was just a wealthy guy that loved helping the less privileged. I don't know much about his source of income, but I guess it's daddy's money. You know how wealthy the Adeyinka's are?"