Chp 2

My name is Lexi Lestrange. Bellatrix Lestranges daughter. She's not a very compassionate mother. I don't know who my father is but i desperately want to. I live in a small room in Malfoy manor since my mom's in Azkaban. Lucius doesn't really enjoy me and Narcissa doesn't even make eye contact. Draco is the only friend I really have. I know pitiful right.

He really cares, but any way his parents weren't to excited to shell out money to send me to school. They came to the conclusion though me going to school means they don't have to deal with me until summer. In the end I did get to pack for school. I even got books and stuff. Second hand but those few books were more than I really ever owned in my life.

Narcissa told me to go to the platform on my own. They didn't want to be seen with me.

I got through the wall to platform 9 3/4. I wait patiently  for the Malfoy's. I see them come through the wall.

Draco catches my eye from across the room. I watch him say good bye to his parents and come to me. We board the train together ecstatic to go to school. We find a compartment alone.

Two boys come to the compartment and sit with us.

"Lexi, this is Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle," Draco says.

"Nice to meet you," I say.

The train ride felt way to short. It was suppose to be like seven hours but it felt so quick. I finished one text book already. I'm so ready for school. Draco was telling me how he just knew we would get to be in Slytherine together. He was the only person who knew of my birth mom. Everyone else thought I was muggle born, even Draco's parents. They were told to take care of me no matter what by the dark lord. It was one the last things he ever did. I don't know why he wanted to protect me but I'm glad he did.

I was so excited to finally be able to hang out with him without keeping it a secret. We used to sneak out and run about the manor. His parents almost caught us once. He almost peed himself I swear.

But anyways we got off the train and a huge man was calling all first years towards the lake.

""Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" The man yelled.

The man's faced sat high above all of the students.

"C'mon, follow me — any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!"

Slipping and stumbling, we follow the man down what seemed to be a steep, narrow path. It was so dark on either side of them that I thought there must be thick trees there. Nobody spoke much. Someone sniffed once or twice.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," he called over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

There was a loud "Oooooh!"

The narrow path had opened suddenly onto the edge of a great black lake. Perched on a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was a vast castle with many turrets and towers.

"No more'n four to a boat!" The man called.

Draco and get in the boat with Crabbe and Goyle and head towards this huge castle.

"Everyone in?" shouted the man who's name I found out to be hagrid, who had a boat to himself. "Right then — FORWARD!"
And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass. Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; we all bend our heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face. They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle, until they reached a kind of underground harbor, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

"Oy, you there! Is this your toad?" said Hagrid, who was checking the boats as people climbed out of them.

"Trevor!" cried a boy blissfully, holding out his hands.

We all clamber up a passageway behind Hagrid's lamp, coming out at last onto smooth, damp grass right in the shadow of the castle.

They walked up a flight of stone steps and crowded around the huge, oak front door. "Everyone here? You there, still got yer toad?"
Hagrid raised a gigantic fist and knocked three times on the castle door.

"Welcome to Hogwarts I'm professor McGonagall," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."

We're lead into this corridor and told to stand there and wait. I see Draco walks up to these two boys and starts to just be a full on jerk. I'd never seen this from him before. They weren't much better towards him. I walk up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder. He backs off.

McGonnagal comes back and tells us to come into this giant room. We're called up one by one and have the thing they call the sorting hat placed on our heads.

"Malfoy, Draco!" Professor McGonagall bellowed.

He walks up but before the hat could touch his head "Slytherin!"

A broad smile spreads across his face as he walks towards the table laced with green. A few more people until:

"Miller, Lexi" she cries.

That was supposedly my muggle name. I don't really know why but that's just always what I'd been told to be called.

I take a deep breath and step up.

"Slytherin..." I plead in my head.

"Hmmm slytherin huh? Your ambitious yes but I don't believe it best for you," it says. My heart spreads up "interesting, must be GRYPHINDOR!"

My heart sunk. I shot a look towards Draco and he looked at me like he was genuinely concerned.

He was always telling me how horrid the Gryphindors are, and how Slytherins hate them. I've never truly been alone and don't know whats gonna happen. I sat down next to the two boys Draco was fighting earlier.

One had a scar on his forehead that looked liked a lightning bolt. The other had bright red hair. Seconds later a girl with bushy brown hair sat down next to me. After the feast I shot one last look at Draco and walked to the dorms.