Chp 39

I get back to my common room and plot down on the couch. He loves me is all I could think about. The memory flooded my mind. I didn't care if people didn't like us together or they were mad or anything. Draco Freaking Malfoy loves me and I love him back. I don't really know why it took so long to respond. Maybe it was because I just got caught off guard but whatever the reason I didn't care. I let out a content sigh thinking of him.

I turn and see Harry and Ron behind me. This is the conversation I've been dreading all night.

"Draco," Harry demands," your muggle born! Why did he go with you!"

I didn't have a lie for him. Draco was raised to despise them. I choose to be silent.

"He's just going to hurt you somehow Lexi!" He continues when he realizes I'm not going to answer the first question.

"He's not going to hurt me," I stand up and yell, "he loves me."

"No he doesn't Lexi! He's blinding you! He hates muggle borns! He going to hurt you somehow!" He yells now absolutely angry.

I look to Ron. " you have something to add," I scream.

He turns his head away. I feel myself breathing hard and my fist clench. I trudge past them and storm out of the common room. I run down the hall and take a seat on a set of stairs. I hear familiar voices as they turn the corner.

I look up to Jacob and Draco. They see me on the stairs crying. They stop in their tracks. They don't see me cry a lot. Draco gets down and takes my hand. Jacob squats next to me trying to get me to look his way. Draco is rubbing his hand on my back. I look up their way.

"You wanna tell us what happens," Draco asks.

"You can't over react," I say.

He looks at Jacob before shaking his head.

"Harry he-," I choke back a small sob, " it just he didn't respond well to me and you,". I say looking into my lap.

Draco looks at me. "Didn't respond well how?" He asks.

I look at Jacob and lean over and whisper it into his ear. It not that I didn't want Jacob to know but it just felt easier to only tell him.

"He said you didn't really love me and you were going to hurt me," I say as I lean to cry on his shoulder.

"You know that's not true," he says grabbing my hand, "you do know that right?"

I shake my head," yah but it still hurts to hear him yell and say things like that."

Jacob looks confused. Draco tells him hell tell him later. Jacob nods. I hear someone else's voice. Harry turns the corner and catches his eyes on Draco. His lips form a straight line. Draco gets up and walks to Harry.

"You said you wouldn't over react," Jacob yells.

Draco shoots him a glare and then looks over to me. I just look at my lap to afraid to say the wrong thing to either of them.

"Draco," Jacob persists know I don't want them to fight.

Harry holding his stance looks to me then to Jacob. Draco looks at Harry one more time before turning away and walking towards me. I stand up and he kisses me once, whines the tears off my cheek, and leaves without a word. Jacob nods his head towards me and leans over to whisper to me.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asks.

I think for a second before telling him no. I think it will make things worse to have a Slytherine with me. Sometime I think he would do good in hufflepuff. He nods his head to tell me he understands and leaves to find Draco.

Harry looks at me like I need to start whatever conversation he wanted to have.

"Ok um, I'm sorry about what I said. I just want you to be safe. If he hurts you I will personally kill him," he says.

I shake my head trying to make that apology seem real. Let's go back to the common room he says. I follow him away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Draco pov

I'm back in the dungeon with Jacob. I could have punch potter if she would have let me. He made her cry. She almost necer cry's and when she does it's bad. Like when she thought she opened the camber of secrets. When she didn't answer I was ready to do it until Jacob intervened. He understood she just didn't want I be in the middle of it. I told Jacob about me telling her that I love her and then what Harry said. He even got angry. Harry doesn't really know her. I can tell he likes her too. He held her hand and apparently they danced on the dance session we had. He needs to back off. He only said those thing because he was jealous. I just want her to be happy.