Chp 56

My mom tells me I'm not attending Hogwarts this years. I felt my heart break at those words. I hadn't spent a whole year here since at the manor since I was ten. I'm now 17 and legally an adult but I'm still not aloud to make my own decisions.

Really my life is a living hell hole. My room is still the bland prison it always been, I'm still lorded over by the Malfoy family (excluding Draco), and now my mother is in my life thus cementing my life as a living hell.

After the conversation with my mother I run to my room and lock the doors. I didn't cry like I suspected though. It felt more like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I love Hogwarts but the secrets and now on top of that, it being run by death eaters was just to much.

I hear a knock at the door. I get up and unlock the door. I pull it open slowly revealing that platinum blonde I so dearly love. I give him a quirky smile as he steps in. He slowly closes the door and takes a seat on my bed.

I plop down next to him. He puts his arm around my waist.

"So no Hogwarts, how are you feeling?" Draco asks.

"Not as bad as I originally thought," I say.

"Oh?" He said obviously confused.

"Just the idea of not having to lie to my friends and keeping up with grades. Plus it's full of death eaters right now," I say.

"I guess that makes sense," he says.

I give him a kiss. "It fine. At least for now it might not be when you and Jacob leave for school," I say.

He nods and pulls me closer. I rest my head on his shoulder. The world for some reason feels lighter even if an evil wizard is threatening the world. I don't have to worry about secrets for the year and for the moment I get to be with Draco.

I look down at my packed trunk. I was ready to leave for Hogwarts already. Although in hind sight I never unpacked my trunk that's my only storage.

I feel Draco's body heat on my side. My head of his shoulder makes my eyes want to fall. I let out a tiny yawn and before letting my eyes droop shut.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Draco's pov

I feel her let out a long breath, and I realize she is asleep. I sit for a minute longer just thinking.

I can't truly believe she is ok not going to Hogwarts. She despised it here as a kid. Now she'd be here with her mother and without me.

I feel her long sighs of a breath on my shoulder. Her eyes were closed tightly and she had a thin smile on her face. She wiggled a little repositioning herself on my arm. I gently move her head to her pillow on her bed before getting up. I turn back and give her a peck on the forehead then walk about the door.

I walk up my room to continue packing. Maybe she was ok with no Hogwarts but maybe the problem was me. Did I not want to be there without her. There's nothing I can do about it really. I felt ready to hit the wall. It really was me, I didn't want to be there without her.