Chp 21

I remember waking up on the floor next to Harry. As I sit up I let out a small groan. A man offers me chocolate and introduces himself as the new defense against the dark arts teacher. I could only help but wonder what is wrong with this one. I recover the rest of the way to the castle.

The train pulls to a halt in the station letting out a squeaking in the tires. I hop off the train and make my way to the carriages. I hoist myself up and position myself next to Ron with Harry and Hermione across from us. We ride to the castle with an uncomfortable silence hanging over us. We make our way off the carriages and towards the castle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sorting had commenced and the feast over. Dementors we're to be on the ground of Hogwarts to protect us from Sirius black, an escaped murderer. Hermione had done some digging and found he was loyal to Voldemort. My breathe hitched at the thought of a murderer loyal to Voldemort in the castle. I quickly let my nerves fall away and just decided to be happy to be at Hogwarts, my only real home, again.

I headed to my common room and sat down next to the boys. Hermione had gone upstairs with her new cat Crookshanks. I didn't care to much for him, but I knew Ron cared even less for him. The cat had apparently attacked Ron's pet rat. The boys began a discussion about Sirius black I began to wonder how Jacob was settling into Hogwarts. Draco was set to tutor him to get him caught up from the first two years.

Jacob did get Slytherine obviously. It was nice to have hope. Apparently I had been staring off into the distance foe a moment because next thing I knew Harry was waving him hand in front of my face. I quickly shake my head and turn his direction.

"What had you so lost in though," he said slightly condescending.

I just give him a smirk and say, " just thinking if that's alright."

He punches me in the shoulder and let's put a laugh. I push my elbow into his side but he continues to laugh and Ron and I join in. By then it was 11:00 and I began to head off to bed. I was meeting Draco and Jacob in the courtyard tonight. I lay my head down and drift to sleep. I wake up the next morning and realized I'd have some explaining to do for the boys.