Chp 44

*two months into summer*

"You've been busy," I joke.

"Yah, with this Voldemort thing going on it's been hectic," Draco said rugby the back of his neck.

He sits down on my bed next to me. My walls were white. My bed was brown wood with grey sheets. It had a tan carpet and two wood shelves on the wall with nothing on them. He wraps his arm around me and kisses me on the cheek.

Jacob had been avoiding coming over with Voldemort around. The dark lord doesn't know I'm here. I've see him like once around the house.

"So your parents don't know about us?" I question.

"My father is oblivious and my mother might know we're friends but I don't think she knows we're more than that," he says.

I kiss him as he pulls me closer. He rubs his hand on my back as I let out a sigh. I had missed this. I missed us. I was excited for Hogwarts. We could be together out in the open.

"It won't be long before my dad catches something about us," he says, "someone will tell him eventually."

I nod fearing that day. I really thought I would get back to the manor and be in trouble. I'm mean maybe he knows and is to preoccupied with the Voldemort situation.

"I should probably go," he says sad.

"Yah probably," I say.

He kisses me on the cheek and lets go of my hand.

He steps out and shuts the door slowly. I hear the click of the door and fall back onto my bed. I go back to my normal past time, staring at the ceiling and looking for pictures.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*1 month later*

I board the Hogwarts express alone. I go to an empty compartment and wait for my friends. Hermione slips in first with the boys at her tail. Harry sits next to me and Ron and Hermione are on the other side.

"How was your summer," Ron asks.

"More boring than usual," I reply, " my parents were working nonstop."

There was a knock at that door to our compartment. Three people were standing outside.

"All the other compartments are full," says Neville.

"You can sit with us," says Hermione.

I knew Neville and the red head was Ron's sister. Her name was Jenn or Jena. Ginny that's it. The last girl was new.

"And you are?" Harry said.

"Luna, Luna Lovegood," she says in a dreamy voice.

The rest of the train ride was filled with laughter and candy.