Chp 59

*weeks later*

Christmas approaches, which means Draco and Jacob will be returning home. I wander empty corridors beginning to anticipate their arrival. I hear the door open and I rush downstairs and throws my arms around Draco. He holds me close and hugs me tight. I go over to Jacob and give him a big hug too. He lifts me a little off the ground and I laugh for the first time in weeks.

I take their hands and drag them to my room. We plot down on the floor.

"Ok so how messed up is Hogwarts?" I ask.

"Very," Jacob says.

Draco nods along in agreement. I put on a sympathetic and reach for Draco's hand. Our fingers interlocked. He squeezes it tight as my fingers turn whitish.

"Geez could you looses the grip a little?" I say.

He looks down realizing he's squeezing my hand a little to hard.

"Right sorry, jus stressed," Draco replies loosening his grip.

"Lexi! We need to talk," my mother demands as she barges into my room.

She sees the boys on the floor with me. Her eyes follow my arm to my hand intertwined with Draco's.

"Boys out," she demands.

They quickly get up and hurry out without looking back. I look at my hand wishing Draco's was in mine.

"Now,"she says as she walks around my room, "the people you informed us that could possibly support Harry seems to be true. I have another question. Do you know where Harry is?" she demands.

"No!" I demand.

She lets out a huff. "Are you positive?" She says.

"How would I know anything. I've been trapped here for the past months. It's not like I could have any contact at all with him. You people watch me like a hawk," I say.

She lets out a little growl and shoots me an angry look.

"Fine," she mumbles.

She turns and closes the door behind her. Moments later the boys rush in.

"Are you ok!" Draco demands.

"Yah, fine," I mumble.

"You don't sound fine," Jacob says.

"No, I really am I swear. Just thinking I guess," I say.

Jacob nods his head like he understands. Draco comes up next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. I rest my head on his. Jacob sits on the other side of me with his hand on my leg. I place my hand over his and our fingers lace.

"In the end what side do we fight for. These are our parents but the others are our friends. When we get to the battle we all know is going to happen what side do we stay with?" I ask.

"I-I don't know," Draco admits.

"I guess that something we all need to figure out," Jacob says.

I let out a small groan. I'd been thinking about this for weeks and I still don't know. I know by the end of the year one of the sides will be in control I just have to figure out who I'm standing by.