Chp 7

We keep walking until we reach a room with a broom. We go to the door a find it locked. The keys are flying in the sky.

"I'll have to fly and grab one," Harry says.

I didn't like something about this.

"You'll need a big old one," says Ron.

"Look there," Hermione say pointing to a big rusty key in the sky.

Harry mounts the broom and begins to fly when the keys go crazy. They're flying every which way as Harry struggles to grasp one until he just barely grasps it. He through it to rob who unlocks the door. We rush in as Harry flys in on the broom. I quickly shut the door before all the keys get in.

"Crap," I say.

"Agreed," says Ron.

I let out a little laugh. I turn around to see a giant chess board. We begin to make our way to the door when we're stopped by pawns. They put their swords out in front as we take a step back.

"Now what?" Ask Hermione.

"Now, Hermione, we play chess," says Ron in a very un-Ron like way.

I nod knowing I'm pretty much trash at chess.

"Harry go be the bishop, Hermione the queen, Lexi the rook, and I'll be the knight," instructs Ron.

The game plods on. The pieces are destroyed one by one. I quickly realize Rons plan.

To give Harry a clear shot at the king he'll have to move up and take a rook which in turn leaves a shot open for them to either take me or him.

He looks at me like he's asking for permission. I nod my head to tell him it's ok.

Harry is looking at us and then his face changes as he realizes the plan.

"No you two can't do that!" He yells.

"What?" Hermione says.

"When ron moves either him or Lexi will get taken!" Harry yells in a panic.

"No, you can't," Hermione says.

"But if we do Harry will have a clear shot at the king!" I yell.

"Harry it's you who has to go on. Not me, not Lexi, not Hermione, YOU," says Ron.

Harry nods his head. Ron moves up to the rook and shatters it to pieces. I wait to see which way the queen turns. It starts shifting as it turns towards Ron.

"Ron!" I yell.

"It's ok," he says as the queen moves towards him.

The queen slashes his horse with a big motion. Hermione try's to run to him.

"Hermione, no we're still playing the game," says Harry.

Hermione nods. Harry walks to the king and it lets go of it's sword and falls over. We had won.

"Lexi, Harry go get Snape! I'll stay here with Ron,"say Hermione.

Harry grads my arm and pulls me along with him.

We enter a room with a man standing in the center. He wasn't Snape like we had inquired though. Instead it was professor quirell. Harry grabs for his scar.

"You? No I can't be, Snape he- he was the"says Harry.

"Yes does seem the type doesn't he. Next to him who would suspect stuttering Professor quirell. ," say quirell.

"But during the quidditch match? Snape tried to kill me." Say Harry.

"Mmm no dear boy, I tried to kill you! And trust me if snapes cloak hadn't caught in fire and broke my eye contact I would have succeed. Even with Snape muttering his little countercurse. " Quirell yells.

"Snape was trying save me?" Says Harry confused.

"I told you it wasn't him," I say a little to loudly at Harry.

Quirell looks to me like he didn't even know I was there until now.

"Ah mrs.Miller, very nice of you to join us," say quirell.

I gulp a little wishing I had just stayed unnoticed.

"Now would you two please step up to the Mirror of Erised?" Ask quirell.

I knew he was going to make us do it anyhow so we walk up to it.

I look in the mirror and see an older version of me, like 15-16 years old, with Draco around the same age. My hand was clasped in his. A moment late we lean in for a kiss. My heart flutters at this.

I look at Harry and he seems a bit confused.

"So, what do you two see?" Asks quirell.

Harry speaks first. "I see myself as head boy and I've won the quidditch cup."

"He lies," says a mysterious voice.

"Tell the truth!" Yells quirrel.

Harry looks at me pleadingly.

"Stupify," yells quirell.

I see the spell barreling towards me. That's the last thing I see. It all goes dark.