Chp 46

Harry and I trudge up the stairs to umbridges classroom. He lets out a sigh before knocking on the door.

"Come in," she says in her squeaky annoying voice.

We take a step in and are practically blinded by the pink.

"Take a seat," she says, "you'll be writing some lines for me today."

We begin to take out our quills when she stops us.

"You'll be using a special one of mine," she says, "now you'll be writing "I must not tell lies"

She hands us the quills. I look to Harry and I can tell he wants to say something. I arch my eyebrows just trying to tell him not to do anything stupid. I guess he got the message because he unballed his fist and took the quill. We were about to start writing when we realized there was no ink. She must have noticed our confusion.

"You won't be needing ink just write," she says.

"How many lines proffessor?" I ask.

"Until the message has sunk in," she replies and sit back down at her desk.

Harry and I begin writing. Two lines in I let out a hiss. I look to my hand and see a scar forming in the words I must not tell lies. I look at Harry and he has one too.

We continue our lines as the scar grows deeper into our hand. It hurts like hell but we keep going. Umbridge gets up from her desk and snatches my hand.

"Hm I suppose that's good enough for tonight," she says.

There is blood rolling down my hand. Harry and I get up and exit the room. He takes my wrist and drags me out into the hallway. He lifts my hand up and inspects the scar. I smile and shrug a little trying to pretend it was  to bad.

"We could report her," I say as we continue down the hall.

"No, that'll only get us in more trouble," he says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We get back to the common room and take a seat on the couch trying our bests to hide the scar. Apparently we didn't do a good job because seconds later Hermione grabs my hand and begins to inspect it. I look at the floor not trying to make eye contact. She moves and looks at Harry's almost identical blood red scar.

"What happened in detention?" She asks.

I continue looking at the ground while Harry explains the quills.

"You should report her," says Ron.

"That'll will only make her hate us more," Harry says.

I get up and head for the door.

"And where do you think your going?" Ron asks.

"A walk," I lie. Well not really lie. I just left out the part about going on a walk with the boys.

That answer seemed good enough because they continued their conversation. I step out in the hall and go to the meeting spot. They turn the corner and see me add I put the scarred hand behind my back. Of course that's the side Draco takes. He reached and grabs my hand realizing the scar on the other side.

He quickly brings up where he can see it. Jacob leans over to look at it too.

"What the hell happened," he demanded.

I knew he wasn't really mad at me but mad at whoever did this.

"Did this happen in detention?" He says a little softer.

"Yah, she's got a freaky quill that makes you write with your own blood," I say look at my feet.

He drops my hand. "You can keep holding it. I mean it doesn't hurt that bad," I say.

He just kind of shrugs and picks my hand back up gently.

The rest of the walk was filled with laughter and just talking. No one wanted to talk about my hand and I was fine with that because I didn't either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning at breakfast Hermione was looking over the daily prophet.

"Oh my god," she says.

"What?" I ask.

"There was a mass escape from Azkaban!" She says.

I fell my breathe stop. Then I begin breathing really hard imagining all of the scenarios that could happen. I stop maybe she didn't even get out.

"Who escaped?" I ask.

"Um Augustus Rookwood, Antonin Dolohov, and bellatrix Lestrange," she says.

I get up and walk over to Draco. I whisper in his ear and tell him about the breakout. He takes the newspaper from a kids next to him. His face goes pale. He looks at me and takes my hand.

"We'll talk about this later," he says.

I nod and go sit back down with the Gryphindors.