Chp 36

All of the Gryphindor were gathered in a the transfiguration room. professor McGonnagal begins to talk about the Yule Ball. She mentions the champions having the first dance. I look to Harry and he seemed to think I it was new news to him. She sets up a record player with the help of filch.

"The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to — er — let our hair down. But that does NOT mean that we will be relaxing the standards of behaviour we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way," she demands," now I will need a volunteer."

She looks around." Ah mr Weasley," she says pointing to Ron." Come up here."

He hesitantly gets up. "Now put your arm here and here," she instructs.

He gets in position and the music behind. Professor demonstrates and then urges students to join in. The girls get up almost immediately while the boys take a second.

Harry comes up to me and offers his hand. I look for a second thinking about Draco's reaction to this. I choose to take his hand. We get in position as McGonnagal showed us.

We dance for a moment before she calls it to a stop and dismissed us. Harry stops me for a second. He looks like he wants to say something but he doesn't. We stand for a moment before he says

"Your a natural at that dancing thing," he says.

I tell him thanks and leave him standing alone in the room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry pov

I really wanted to ask her to the Yule ball. I stopped her for a moment trying to get the right words out. I tried to force them out with everything I had. The only thing I could say was that she was a good dancer though. I just froze up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lexi pov

I meet Draco in the room of requirement. They had just had their dance lesson with Snape. I laughed at the idea of Snape teaching people how to dance. Our fingers intertwined together. I don't know why but I really wanted to go to the Yule ball with him. I know I'm not ready for people to know but I couldn't help it.

"About the Yule ball," I begin.

"What about it, love?" He says.

I liked how it sounded when he called me love. My heart fluttered but I persisted on.

"What if we went together?" I asked.

He tilted his head like he was confused. " are you ready for people to know about this, about us?" He asked.

I smile and nod my head yes.  His smile broadens.

"Just don't tell anyone yet. Wait till the ball. I don't want everyone to know and try and talk me out of it," I tell him.

"Does Jacob count?" He asks.

"You can tell him as long as he keeps his mouth shut like he's been," I say.

Draco nods his head. He pulls me in for a kiss. His arms lock around my waist. We pull away and I smile about as widely as I can. I feel good. It's a thrill knowing that people will know about us. We can be together in public, it's just I'm worried about Harry and the rest of the trio. Then probably won't be to supportive of this. I sigh and shake the feeling off, continuing my conversation with Draco. It's all gonna be alright I tell myself. I can't tell if I really believe it though or if I just want to believe it.

Omg so happy about this chapter. I thought this would be a good way for people to find out about them. Super excited to write the Yule ball too. Thx for reading.