Chp 33

I headed with Hermione to Defense against the dark arts. I still didn't really like moody after he turned Draco into a ferret. I sat down in my seat and Harry sat next to me a second later. This was officially my new least favorite period.

"Today we will be learning about the unforgivable curses," he began," now the ministry doesn't want you learning about these. Says you're too young. Well I say you need to know them. Can anyone tell me one of the curses?"

Ron's hand goes up slowly. He points in his direction. "My dad told me about the imperius curse," he says shyly.

"Yes, very good. The controlling curse ," moody replies," mr. Longbottom."

"Um, the cruciatous curse," he gulps," the torturing curse."

"Mhm you would know about that one mr longbottom," professor moody replies.

The next and last hand that goes up is hermiones.  She raises it slowly like she was scared to answer.

"Yes miss?" He begins.

"Granger," she finishes, " Avada Kedavra, the killing curse."

"Yes, correct," moody replies.

He takes out a spider looking bug thing. He sets it on the table in front of him. He begins with the imperious curse. He bounces it all around the classroom. He hangs it over a thing of water and then over onto Draco's face. I let out a small laugh with the rest of the class but I felt my hands ball into fists.I couldn't decide if I thought it was funny or if I thought it was just plain wrong. He continues to the cruciatous curse. The big squirms on the table. Neville seemed uncomfortable. He was asking professor moody to stop but no oblige from the professor. Hermione began to plead with him and the professor showed the last curse. With a swift move he killed it. The room fell silent. He dismissed us.

We all got up and left. I see Draco walking with Jacob. I slip away from my friends to go see them. I stand next to Jacob. He looks at me.

"Not a fan of moody," I mumble.

Draco looks at me at smile. Jacob shakes his head and laughs.

"Me neither," Draco replies

I see more Slytherines coming our way so I quickly say bye and break off from them to go find my other friends.