Chp 40

I get back to my common room with Harry. Hermione and Ron apparently were having a fight at the time.

" if you wanted to ask me you should have had the courage to ask me and not use me as a last resort," she yells.

Ron doesn't have a comeback. She storms up to here dorm. I give one last glare at Harry before going up to the dorm to.

When I get in there Hermione is sitting on her bed with her head in her lap. I sit down on the other end of the bed.

"Boys are dumb," she mumbles.

"Agree," I say.

"So Draco?" She says.

I look up trying to determine if she's mad or not.

"Yah," I say trying to sound ashamed but it comes out more like how I really feel about him, dreamy.

She tilts her head.

"Are you mad too?" I ask.

"I was confused at first but not mad," she replies.

"At least someone isn't mad. Harry is mad at me. He says he'll hurt me," I say.

"I do agree with Harry a little bit. He might hurt you. You are a muggle born. Just be careful and tell us if anything happens. He comes on strong but he really just cares about you," she says.

I nod my head as she talks.

"I feel like if anything was going to happen it would have?" I say.

"You've only been to a dance," she says " right?"

"Well," I start.

"There was a guy at hogsmeade," she yells.

I blush a little when she says that. She looks at me and laughs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I head towards care for magical creatures with Hermione. I've made up with Harry, mostly. Hermione and Ron seem to be better now to. We get to the edge of the forest we here the class was being held. We look for Hagrid but avail. We had a substitute. The class went on but it wasn't the same without hagrid. An article in the daily prophet came out talking about him being half giant. Rita Skeeter is just awful. She wrote an article about Harry after his first task about his horrible life.

After class I walk out with Draco. It's so weird to be together out in the open. He grabs my hand and we walk out. Jacob is next to him and Hermione next to me. Harry and Ron are behind us.

We get to the castle and Draco and Jacob say bye and head off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the next trip to Hogsmeade draco and I agree to go to lunch at the three broomstick with Jacob and Pansy who have begun to date.

I go to honeydukes with Hermione first. We pick up a small thing of candy. I say bye to Hermione before I leave for lunch and she goes to find the boys.
We
I walk down the Main Street admiring the shops when I run into Crabbe and Goyle. They glare at me. I knew this was a Draco thing. Goyle bump into my shoulder. I turn back but they let walking.

I get to the three broom sticks and see Draco waiting outside. Jacob is there with Pansy. Her hand wrapped in his. She still seems to be looking at Draco but that might just be my imagination.

We go in and take a table. Parkinson and Jacob sit across from us. We order our food and have a conversation about transfiguration. It was surprisingly unconventional. We finish our lunch and decide to head back to the castle. Pansy and Jacob need to make a stop so we say bye and head back alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Draco and I are in the courtyard, and he's looking at my potions homework since he's good at it and I suck at potions.

"I knew you were bad but I didn't know you were that bad," he says.

I punch him in the shoulder. I look up and Jacob is coming towards us. He seemed distressed.

"What's wrong," I ask.

"Pansy broke up with me," he says.

Draco and I go quiet.

"She says she likes someone else," he says.

"Do you know who?" Draco asks.

Jacob shrugs. I wonder if she really was looking at Draco then. I embrace him in a hug. Jacob puts his hand on his shoulder. He doesn't seemed to distressed about it. I look up and Pansy is sitting across the yard from us.

I look up at her and she looks away. I realize maybe she really still fancied Draco.

I decided to ignore it and continued comforting Jacob. He really cared about her. Although as I said he didn't seem to sad.