Chp 26

At breakfast Hermione doesn't mention my sneak in last night. I was thankful for that. When I walked into the great hall Draco shot me a smile. Jacob looked at me and lifted his eyebrows. I could tell Draco told him. I quickly look away. I can feel Jacob still looking so I look up. Draco is talking to Pansy looking quite annoyed with whatever they're talking about. Jacob gives me a thumbs up and I let out a laugh. With that I head towards the Gryphindors table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I eat breakfast and leave towards defense against the dark arts. Professor Lupin is one of the best teachers we've had yet. Today we were learning about boggarts.

"They take shape of what you fear the most," he tells us.

The color drains from my face realizing what my biggest fear was. I look at draco and Jacob. They seemed to be having the same problem I was. I was standing in line with Harry. The rest of the class seemed quite ecstatic about it.

Ron got up there and a giant spider appeared. He froze it place. He took a breathe and

"Riddikulus," he yelled.

The spider grew roller blades and fell. More of the class went. I was up next. I step up and the boggart shifts. It becomes my mother. She lets out a cackle.

"It over Lexi," she laughs," stop fighting."

My heart starts to beat and before I know it Harry is next to me.

"Riddikulus!" He says.

He looks at me ready to ask follow up questions but I flee the room before he can. Jacob rushes after me and grabs my wrist. Draco comes up beside him. Jacob lets go of my wrist and wraps me in a hug. He lets go and Draco takes my hand. He kisses my cheek. I sit on the step with his hand still in mine. Jacob slides on the other side of me. He puts his arm around me.

"Just take deep breaths," Jacob tells me.

"It fine, it's not real," Draco tells me.

I breathe in and close my eyes.

"Better?" Draco asks.

I shake my head. "Can I have a minute?" I ask the boys.

Draco nods his head with that they leave. I look around and take another breathe in.

Ron finds me first. He sits down next to me and Hermione and Harry follow. They can tell I'm not as shaken up.

"How do you know bellatrix?" Harry asks.

I shake my head and cover my face with my hands. They don't push anymore. Hermione wraps her arms around me in a hug.

" it's ok, don't answer,"she says.

I'm so lucky to have great friends. I get up and head to my next class just trying to forget about that class.