CHAPTER - ALONSO

Wouldn't it be nice if everything was just so easy? The recent events have set me off and since then trust is unfamiliar to me

Wouldn't it be nice if everything was just so easy? The recent events have set me off and since then trust is unfamiliar to me. Everything is spiralling around me, suffocating me and making everyone seem dangerous even if they are innocent. I have no idea what I'm thinking, I will just sleep for some time more. I haven't gotten much sleep these days. But I don't remember falling asleep on a bed.

I woke up with a jerk, looking around me for danger. Lately, I have been just looking for safety and I'm already sick of it. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to that man and if I would have tried harder, I would have gotten a place for myself. This place was flawlessly beautiful. I stood up quietly and tiptoed to the hall. I found no one and I used all my senses to finally come to the realization that I was indeed alone in this house. This is better than my previous home. There was a letter on a cabinet with a ring.

I examined the ring, it looked like an antique piece of art. I was always fascinated by art. This was something that stuck with me from my childhood. I could express my emotions through art when I couldn't in person. I have always felt misunderstood and I haven't found a person who would stay with me till the end. I haven't told this to anyone as I don't want to be miserable but whenever I feel too much, I would just tell all my worries to a random stranger. They might think I'm weird but it helps me. I haven't really thought about my emotions for a long time. I felt lonely when I couldn't find my parents. The house became the definition of silence and to beat that silence, I would turn up the music louder and most of the time, it worked. As I roamed around the house, there was nothing extraordinary or suspicious.

The house was simple yet confusing. Anyone could easily be lost in this house; the cream walls, lavender curtains and the furniture made this house more beautiful. But this isn't mine and I don't know what I'm doing here. I was feeling lost when suddenly there was a faint thud behind me.

I quickly turned around to see something out of the ordinary but unfortunately, all I saw was a painting of a young girl walking towards a tree. How come I never noticed all this time? The painting was large and its edges were carved elegantly. The girl seemed sad and her eyes were gloomy as she was strolling towards the lone tree. It described the feeling I had and my eyes glistened at the thought. As I was leaning towards the cabinet to observe the details of the painting, a paper was set on it. It was a letter and the material seemed ancient. As I opened the letter, I felt my body turn cold as I read the words again and again. Didn't they leave this place a long time ago? I heard they were staying away from the citizens and staying as low as possible.

The signature of the same man who has ruled the most violent gang and brutally ended the innocence of this city, was visibly the first thing I noticed. My shaking hands and a throbbing ache in my head didn't let me make sense of what was written.

Alonso; that was his name or at least that's what everyone calls him. He committed his first crime when he was 14. The day when he became a murderer, the town changed its own course and it feels different. This town felt like fear and misery which I didn't like at all.

He rules the Vulture gang; even though I haven't seen him anywhere. Nobody knows how he looks now and that is why the police couldn't really catch him. The positive thing about this deal is that I don't have to work in a job. I just have to do what they say and I would simply get money. The letter had all the details of what I should do.

"Give this coin to the girl in the red hoodie in the park." A coin? I didn't understand why I was chosen to give a coin to her. Most people would give a bunch of cash or valuable things to other powerful people which was illegal, at least that's what I saw in movies. All I know is that the coin was not just a normal one, it had importance which I didn't know of. The coin was placed right under the letter on the cabinet. a bronze coin which would look normal from far away but one close look, you can see a bird flying with majesty and it had a royal vibe. Backside of the coin had a sword and the weapon had a specific carving on it. If I didn't know it was the vulture gang then I wouldn't have recognised it. The sword had a V carved on it.

And there's no escaping now. I'm involved with the one gang that I wanted to avoid at all costs. I can't leave this house because now I know that there are people surrounding this place all the time. I know it because Alonso is perfect in not letting people win over him and he would go to any extent with his authority.

...........................................

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and share.