CHAPTER - TWO FALLS, ONE KILL

This is the only time I wish everything becomes slow

This is the only time I wish everything becomes slow. Elias was in danger and I didn't care if anyone would shoot me. I have to save him no matter what, he has been a great friend to me since life showed its true colours to me and he was the only person who believed in me when my family disappeared. Everyone thought I was crazy and some of them even falsely accused me that I hurt my own family. Even though he should have believed those lies , he didn't and that's what made me realize that he would be there for me if I hurt him.

When he found out that the police were not at all helping with the case, he took up a big responsibility to find them. He always told me that my family had always been a part of his family. He doesn't think of it as a burden and I'm really thankful to have a best friend with me all along.

That's how he became an insider in the underworld gang and started to gather all the details about my family. He had a guy who has connections with the other people and Elias thought it would be better if some things were kept secret. He didn't want me to be in danger and I didn't dare to go against him because I know what happens when you try to know much about the underworld. One day, everyone knows you and next day nobody knows you and you don't even exist.

Their power is too deeply rooted across the world. People don't even try to stop them now, they just let them to get away with multiple murders. The only thing I understand is that once you get involved with this world, it strips your innocence and humanity away. I don't want that to happen with Elias. Even though he is involved, he has kept his boundaries and now they might be broken.

Those boundaries are something that can keep anyone sane and Elias is a believer of discipline. He never had lost his control and always kept his patience. Since the time he joined this 'secret association' which has a direct connection with a gang, he has been quiet. Too quiet about what has been going on in his life, it made me suspect him for some time.

Despite all this, he is still the same guy who is trying his best to help me and that alone has made my suspicion vanish with the time. Elias is very sensitive and values his loved ones above everything; he is kind of a guy who would rather choose peace over fight or I thought so.

I skipped two steps at a time and ran all the way through the corridor. Fergus had to choose the room by the end of the corridor. I didn't have much time to look for Fergus and inform him. While I was running, I didn't fail to bring a vase with me. I barged into the room with the room card and prepared to hit the guy's head with the vase.

The sight in front of me brought my pace to a halt. I felt nauseous and shocked to see what was happening in front of me. A gasp was the only thing that left my body while my eyes trained to the still body with blood gushing out from his mouth and chest. Those lifeless eyes and the pale face are going to be my new nightmare

The vase in my hand was no longer there but broken in pieces creating a mess on the floor which was so similar to my life.

He stood there with a gun in his hand and panting heavily with a deadly look in his eyes as he stared at the dead body. He didn't look like he was injured but the person on the floor looked way worse. Does anyone deserve this painful death? The numbness spreads in me as a lone tear escapes and falls onto the floor but it was nothing compared to the blood on the floor. The foul smell had already made my mind dizzy; his arms were twisted and the fear in his eyes was something I will never forget because that fear had found its home in me now. What I was looking at was not my best friend, he was someone else. The other side which he never showed. All this time, I thought Elias would be in danger but he is always the smart one. He would know if someone was trying to kill him. He had other motives to come here and that is the only rational explanation I could think of.

He wasn't holding the towel on his stomach but the hunger for blood in his eyes was evident. He finally snaps from the scene and looks at me. What have I become? Never have I ever imagined myself to be fragile like a doll on the floor but here I was, terrified of my own best friend of what he's capable of.

Reality sinks in and he looks at me with regret and guilt. All he could do was whisper in a faint voice,

" Ronnie" and all I could do was whimper .

There were two falls in the end and one kill. One stared into the abyss of darkness and other stared into it's eyes of darkness.

............................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.