CHAPTER - THE DUNGEON

"Why him?" Fergus finally snaps out of trance and looks at me

"Why him?" Fergus finally snaps out of trance and looks at me. With a frown on his face, he silently asks me what I meant. I cleared my throat and asked again,

"Why Vincent? Out of all the dangerous people, you chose the only harmless guy to kidnap. What are you going to do to him?" he taps his foot on the floor countlessly as if he was waiting for something. He acknowledges my question and speaks.

"Vincent may seem harmless but he was the reason why Remy is in a high position. Think of this, why would a harmless guy be in the mafia world? His looks, his eyes and his words may make him look like a foolish boy but he hides his true self behind that."

"You wanted the wooden box and we both know he doesn't have it and if he did, you would have taken it by now and wouldn't be sitting in this weird basement." I said while looking at the bathtubs around me. I know these weren't really bath tubs but I doubt Fergus would go this far to punish someone or torture someone. Metallic chains were connected to it and the walls had cracks. It looked like a prison and I hoped that this wasn't his base. Why on earth would Fergus bring me here?

The place was rusty and looked like it hasn't been used for years. I examined the place and looked back to Fergus who noticed my pale face. The stains of dried blood were noticeable on the floor and the chains. The scratches on the walls looked painful and it was enough for me to confirm that this was indeed a torture room. It was a dungeon. The part of me wanted to know if this belongs to Fergus but when he saw my questioning glance at him, he knew. He knew my doubt and he knew that I was petrified by this horrible sight in front of me.

"This doesn't belong to me. It was used by my brother, only he would choose this location in the middle of nowhere so that whatever happened here, he would make sure that the screams never leave this building." He looked at the walls and sighed as if he was reminiscing all the memories. He had a brother? But before I could jump to conclusions, he stops my train of thoughts and says, "He doesn't torture anyone now."

"why?" I asked out of curiosity and he replied nonchalantly, "he's dead. It's just silence and nobody can be hurt anymore." That sent me chills down my spine. I wanted to know more about his family history but the door opens with a bang and one of his men enters.

"He's awake and he is expecting you to see him, sir." The guard says with a smirk on his face and I know whatever is going to happen, it is surely going to be bad.

Fergus looked like he waited for this moment and almost left me behind in the room. I quickly leave the room and catch up with them when out of nowhere, the guard stops and glances at me.

"Sir has ordered me to take you to the other room." I quietly obliged him and followed him. I soon realized why Fergus didn't want me there in that room. Vincent was sitting in one of the chairs which were opposite to each other separated by a table in between. It looks like an investigation room and there were quite some additions into it. This room too was a torture room. There was a metal table where all types of tools were kept in an order.

Fergus entered the room and he looked more dangerous. I wondered if they could see me but the only thing separating me and Vincent and Fergus was glass. A one way mirror where they could not see me but I could hear their talking and see them clearly. One question never left my mind ever since I was on this mission. Why is he only giving me tasks to complete? Aren't there others who could do more than what I do?

"Fergus, long time no see. I thought you were dead since you didn't answer my call last time." Vincent mockingly speaks and Fergus clenches his jaw and sits down on the chair calmly. It felt calm before the storm.

"Lately you have been missing your sister so I thought why not let you grieve and then send you to her?" Fergus looks at Vincent with an accusing glance. Vincent was now furious and started breathing heavily.

"I wouldn't say that if I were you. Careful with the words otherwise it takes me just minutes to turn all the tables if I wanted to." Fergus lets out a humorless chuckle.

"People think you're so innocent but only if they knew the 'work' you did to protect yourself and become a rich man overnight. There are no tables to turn, I know everyone's faces and there is absolutely nothing you do that will surprise me. tell me where it is and you will have a painless death."

"go to hell. If you think I will give you the location to the killer of my sister, then you're so wrong. I would rather die in pain than give you the satisfaction of getting what you want." Vincent eyes him with disgust and pure fury and I look at Fergus thinking if people had a reason to hate him then he must have done something cruel and that made me come back to square one. Just the moment I thought I understood him, he never ceases to shock me.

"As you wish." Fergus says and gets up. If only I mentally prepared for this.

"Nothing can make me open my mouth to tell you. I'm not a fool to know that fact she's working with you in this mission."

Vincent spats in disgust while referring to the certain person in the other room and staring at the two men.

Why does it feel like he hates me for a lot of other reasons? He spoke as if he knew everything about me. My mind became alert when he said that and to contrary of what I thought. Fergus doesn't react. He doesn't move but I knew Vincent was about to unleash the beast in him.
.............................................................
Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.