CHAPTER - THE DIRTY GAME

The haunted look on Fergus' face was terrifying

The haunted look on Fergus' face was terrifying. His eyes were full of void and sometimes they would shift back to cold anger whenever his guys would make a wrong move. I was standing at the corner, watching the scene unfold itself. Fergus is infuriated and he didnt make an effort to hide the fact that he was on the edge.

"NOBODY WILL SWITCH ON THEIR PHONE UNTIL I TELL SO, UNDERSTOOD?" He yells and the whole room echoes with their loud cheer of positive response. Theo was helping the other guys to load the guns. It made me physically ill to see how many weapons they owned.

Morris, being the calmest person out of all of us, went to check up on the guy who was locked up in the room. I slowly got out of the hall and headed upstairs where the bodyguard was kept. Everything is a mess right now and Clara warned what was going to happen to Fergus which makes me wonder if he knows what he's doing is truly the right move?

I looked towards the door which opened and revealed Morris. As I stepped forward towards him, that's when he came out of his overflowing thoughts. He frowns at the sight of me being here which slightly confuses me but I let it go.

"Are we going radio silent now?" I shrugged while he sighed and raked through his hair. I now understood why he came out of the room and frowned. It's weird to say that we are going radio silent and are not going to contact anyone. He wouldn't have chosen this unless we were really in big trouble.

"He got some information from Clara that people are going to keep an eye on us. They would know our every move if we use any communicating devices right now. We can't risk any more attention on us. They are a step ahead of us and it wouldn't take much power to kill all of us without any trace."

"You underestimate Fergus a lot." Morris says while looking at me with such intensity in his eyes as if he was reading my thoughts.

"They can hurt the people around him but they won't be able to destroy him in any way. They think that by hurting us, they will win. He had learnt his lesson years ago and no matter what they do , they are just giving themselves away for him to take over their territories too."

"What do you mean?" whatever he was saying didn't make any sense, how was it good for him when they are targeting him all this time and even coming to kill him and everyone around him.

"This dark world was always too much for you Ronnie and that's why your brother knew who your parents were before you. These aren't humans, they are vicious hungry demons, luring innocent people in and destroying their lives. they don't ever show their faces and never come out of this dark place. Nobody knows who they are and it has been like this for decades. you wouldn't even know who wants to kill you. These people showed their faces to him and they delivered the message to him that they are declaring a war against him.

" Does Fergus have a past with them? Sylvie, Remy and Hayley, why do they talk about the past like they know something about him?'' Morris stares at me wide eyed with surprise evident in his features.

"It's complicated"

"Yeah, I figured that out a long time ago. So what was it that they knew about him?"

"When he couldn't find any way to protect his little sister, he had to make new alliances to defeat his own father who never spared him any affection. Fergus was right to think of destroying his father's empire but he was also naive. He didn't know that there were people who wanted the position of his father and they would stoop at any level to get it. he made a deal with them, if they get his sister, he would help them take over his father's empire but he only realized that they were involved with the kidnapping of his sister and they never wanted to keep up the deal. he saw that night how desperate were those people to even get into his father's empire and the death finally happened. It brought peace to everyone except Fergus who knew that he ruined the only chance to actually authorize people to find her. Remy, Sylvie, Haitao, Hayley, Antonio and many leaders decided that they would finish Fergus too and take over his property too.

They played such dirty tricks on him. He was a lost soul who was finding his only family and they would lure him into their empire to work for them. but when he grew up and started to trust in the vulture gang. he could see the truth slowly revealing itself. right now, the only alliance that Fergus has, is scorpion gang and the lone wolf gang."

I could connect the dots and so I asked him one last question, "He's planning to kill my parents, isn't he?"

That was all I needed. his pitiful eyes and Fergus standing a few feet away with an unrecognizable emotion flickering in his eyes.

..............................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.