CHAPTER - DECISION

"Clara '' I tried to wake her up for the umpteenth time

"Clara '' I tried to wake her up for the umpteenth time. I could feel the cold sweat all over my face. my teeth were chattering due to the cold in this room. Right after Remy left, it was getting colder as it was testing us. This time, Clara groaned and opened her eyes.

"Hey, don't close your eyes. stay awake.'' I panic as I see her going back to sleep. Fortunately, she listens and keeps her balance on her wobbling legs.

"They're coming." she says with a weak voice that came out as a whimper. She was in a lot of pain. The metal was stuck to her torso and the blood was just flowing all the way to her legs, making a pool.

"Fergus?" I asked with hope and she nodded.

"How do you know?" I doubt that they would be able to trace us in this territory.

"The necklace. It's tracking us. you have to press on the red jewel for him to hear." it came out as a wheeze in the end and she coughs terribly, making her double over and there was blood around her mouth.

"Dont speak much. Nod or just speak one word." she nods weakly. I looked at the camera which was recording us.

"Should we even speak?" i ask while pointing it out to the camera and she says,

"only vision." I understood what she meant. The camera was really small and the only reason I noticed it was because it was distinguishable from the rough walls. it had a bulge mirror around it, making it visible to us. It looked like a peephole.

"How long?" I asked her and I could see her failing to stand properly.

"Few hours." I felt guilty that because of me, she was caught too and she was going to die in this cold if her wound got worse. Just then, the door opens to reveal Remy. I was prepared this time, I had a way to get out and I had to break Clara's trust for that.

"Well, Doesn't Clara look perfect?" She roams around Clara and this time, Clara was glaring at her with her half closed eyes.

"I am going to destroy you for all the things you did to my family." Clara's strong voice turns into a whisper in the end and she closes her eyes with pain.

"What about all the things you have done to me?" Remy says with a cold look on her face.

"Your sister is the reason why your parents are buried under six feet of ground and your suffering. if only she did what was asked of her, you wouldn't be here at this moment."

"Go to hell, you forced her into this." Clara' angry voice made me scared for her. I was worried about all the possible ways that Remy could hurt her. My mother always disciplined my brother's and my actions in the house. She always wanted things to happen in her way and she would do anything to get that.

Remy let out a noise from the back of her throat and instantly grabbed the other end of the metal. My heart fastened at the scene on my right.

"I asked her if she was sure to join the gang. She was a member of my gang and she was to follow MY rules and not hers. That brat was too curious in my plans and turns out she was a cop. her father was helping her all along to expose my crimes. But she did the worst thing. She blew up a whole factory of mine and stopped the production. Do you know how I felt after I found out she had done so much damage?"

She goes on to twist it and I couldn't even look at that. I turned my face away from the scene. Clara screamed and when i was about to tell, Remy that i was ready for her. She takes out the metal rod and stabs her again.

I see Clara gasp in pain and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Mother, stop" Remy stopped and looked at me. for a moment, I thought I saw my real mother but I was wrong when that same cold look was back on her face. Her hands were covered in blood.

"I will tell you whatever you need, just let me go." Remy smiles sweetly but it was nothing but sweet.

"Sylvie owes me money now, she thought you would die but not in any moment, you would tell me the location. But I knew my daughter more. She would always obey me."

Just then, four guys who were covered with a black outfit. They had masks on and the only thing that confirmed that those were her guys, was the same tattoo that Hayley had in the same exact spot.

"unchain her.'' Those guys came in and instantly unchained me. The numbness was gone and now it was the pain that replaced it. my arms were aching and my legs didn't have any strength to hold myself.

"No, Don't you dare." Clara' whimpers reached out to me but I didn't glance at her for once. I knew I did then it would break my heart to see her breaking down.

They took my hands and tied it with rope in front of me. holding my arm, they started to lead me out of the room. Remy puts her hand on my shoulder before heading out of the room,

"You're doing the right thing." I ignored her words, I didn't care for what they were about to do to me. These people didn't deserve to live.

"Treat her." I said , making sure Clara doesn't hear it. Remy rolls her eyes and says, "Of course!!"

As I started to walk towards my death, I coughed and quickly pressed down the red jewel, hoping that Fergus will save Clara and the others.

......................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.