CHAPTER - APOLOGY

It was midnight now and I have been sitting on one of the purple cushions in my room

It was midnight now and I have been sitting on one of the purple cushions in my room. Carl was asleep in another room right across mine. Elias went to check upon Theo and they both were following Hiatal who went to an underground fighting match. one more surprising fact was Haitao is the one who owns all the fighting clubs. The restaurant was a big cover up after all to hide his side businesses.

I couldn't sleep and this was also one of those nights when I missed my brother more than ever. Being with Carl just for a few hours brought back so many memories that it was difficult to bury them again in my mind somewhere.

Staring at the beautiful night ahead of me, the gnarly trees and the shining stars reminds me of how my life was. I don't know how my life would change after all of this and there was just too much darkness. amid all the darkness, there was a little hope that everything will be alright in the end.

Just then, the door behind me creaks and somebody walks in. I didn't need to turn around, his reflection was clear as if he was standing in front of me. I didn't speak, the truth was I didn't know what to say. He took a seat beside me and I could feel his undeniable aura around me. no wonder why everyone is submissive towards him.

"You look like you desperately need some sleep." I felt his eyes on me and all of a sudden, I felt nervous. I gulped and said,

"Why are you here? Don't you have some important work to do where you can insult me?" He chuckled and it sounded adorable. I didn't waste a single second just to see his brightened face and a small smile broke out of my face unknowingly and even if I tried to look tough, I wouldn't be able to pull it off. My heart fastened its pace in the response that I was the reason he laughed.

"Always childish, when are you gonna learn that it was to protect you? You're really out of this world." I hummed in response and took in the beautiful silence that was resonating in this room. It was mostly comforting and peaceful but there was fear and pain in my heart and I wanted to let it all out. Whatever I wanted to say, I couldn't because if I did then lord knows what will happen.

"Does the Lone wolf gang hate me?" He looked at me and sighed exasperatedly, raking his hands in his hair and making it more messy.

"They don't hate you but they don't like you either. They don't like the fact that the child of a criminal is helping to go against some bunch of criminals. they will soon accept you for who you are, if that's why you have been looking so gloomy since these past few hours then it's nothing you should worry about." A part of me couldn't accept the fact that he was being gentle with me for the first time. What has changed? I wanted to ask him desperately.

"Since when did you start caring about you? you don't have to do that just because you need me on the mission. Anyways, after this mission is done, you and I go separate ways." Avoiding his stare like a plague and only focusing on the loose threads of my loose jeans, I distracted myself.

"I realized that what I said about you was wrong, I shouldn't have said that to you. I'm a man of manners so I'm not going to be a jerk and treat women like objects. Even though I had no connection with my mother, I respected her decision and moved on. I said those things about you in front of Michael to not let him see you as his next target."

"Why did you lie to me about your brother?"

"I didn't, my brother died a long time ago and that base was owned by Michael, who is my step brother. Michael is bad news, even though he fools people with his charm, he only cares about our sister and that's why he was on board with this mission. I didn't want you to get hurt by him. and it's hard for a guy to open up and be friends in this cruel world."

It feels nice that somebody cares about you, so this is how it feels to be truly cared for.

"And next time, if you want to know something about me, you can always ask me. you don't have to ask Morris or Theo. you don't need to silently listen to the things I say about you to others." being caught red handed, blood flows to my cheeks and before I could calm myself down, I had already turned into a red alien.

"Was it that obvious?'' I asked him, feeling embarrassed but still it was kinda funny. my face no longer had a sad frown and my reflection on the glass in front of me proved that.

"Not really, but I knew when you took off." Feeling more embarrassed, I remember when I walked a little too hastily as I heard someone coming through the other side of the corridor and it was some servant who was cleaning up the rooms.

" you run like a freaking alien." a laugh comes out and without holding out, the scene keeps happening again and again. Every time I think about it, it becomes more funny. That young servant was clueless when he found me trying to walk away from the doors.

I had fallen down a couple of times and the floor being extra slippery under my foot , I walked weirdly without knowing that I was stomping all the way downstairs.

He nudges his shoulders against mine and says in a gentle voice, " I apologize for being too mean to you. I should have known that this wasn't the best way to talk about someone in front of them."

"That's not what upset me the most." I wasn't just upset for myself but also for Carl.

"You told me to bring Sylvie's son, Carl even if it meant hurting him. not only did that make me furious but also hurt that you may have been thinking that I was just like my parents." I smile because I know that he didn't do it on purpose and he apologized for it.

"I would never think like that, your parents are more deadly than you ever are." he speaks again to explain but I shook my head at him with a small goofy smile that was a constant on my face.

"I don't know who is the father of Carl but I promised that I would protect him with my life."

"I think I know who the father is." Fergus looks at the sky with determination written on his face.

"Who?"

"It's Haitao. They had an affair from few years and only I know about them. Sylvie will come to take her child but we will get to her first no matter what. I promise you that he will be in safe hands. But I'm afraid that he will not take it in a good way."

...........................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.