CHAPTER - LATE NIGHT TALK

After our rooms were allocated, each six of us had a separate room and this whole mansion was still considered to be empty because the amount of rooms were just uncountable in my opinion

After our rooms were allocated, each six of us had a separate room and this whole mansion was still considered to be empty because the amount of rooms were just uncountable in my opinion. The room was glowing, showing the beauty by the moonlight. When I peaked to see what was outside, you would expect a beautiful view with the moon glimmering and the lights floating around but the reality was quite opposite. there was absolutely nothing but trees. Those tall trees which were shedding their leaves, looked scary in the dark.

I moved around the room to explore and opened up a closet. Surprisingly, they were filled with my clothes. A navy blue shirt catches my attention and I knew I would do anything to go back to that happy world I was living in. it wasn't perfect but it had a piece of me which i can't find in me anymore.

taking the shirt in my hands and hugging it, just to remind myself of those happy days when I knew nothing. Even with all the chaos around me, I wasn't just tired of it, I was tired of something else. Everyone I know is here with me. Fergus, Morris, Theo, Elias and Clara even though I don't know much about her but my gut tells me to trust her. It was the loneliness that was killing me inside . I trusted Fergus the most and the words he spoke about me as if I were just a mere object.

I sighed and reminded myself to not think about anything negatively. memories of me and my brother arguing were running in my mind and before I knew, a small chuckle left. Zach would always snort when he would laugh and he hated it. Whenever my parents yell at me, he would make sure to leave a comic book on my bed. I wish I had those comic books but when my family disappeared, everything was taken as evidence and they were never returned.

putting the navy blue shirt back of my brother's in the closet, i got into the bed to sleep. but sleep was far away in my mind. Suddenly, being in bed was the last thing I wanted to do due to restlessness. tossing in the bed, i let myself get up and blindly walked around the mansion.

The whole mansion was just like a royal palace. it had a certain vibe to it. Every room was filled with antiques and looked very expensive. Dim lights were shining on the portrait. to whatever Morris said, i believed him more now. The portrait showed the people who owned this place. Fergus' father looked like a cruel man with an evil glint in his eyes. Fergus didn't look like his father but he resembled his mother. The same dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, same smile.

Fergus was a baby in the portrait and his mother was protectively putting an arm around him. to everyone, it looked like a motherly gesture but i knew the uncomfortable look on her face and she in fact didn't want his father to come near him but fergus didn't know then.

I moved forward to another set of portraits on the wall and this time, his father was with another woman while Fergus was standing near a young girl. there was no sign of any friendliness in the portrait, they looked like robots except the woman smiled which didn't look like a genuine one.

"What are you doing here?" a voice behind me, sounding kind of angry which made me gasp loudly and turn around to face the person only to find Clara standing a few feet away with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I was just seeing these portraits on the wall and I couldn't sleep. what are you doing?" I smiled miserably and tried to lighten the tense atmosphere between us. she clearly was suspecting and i understood. If I were in her place, I wouldn't trust a stranger in a house, especially when there is a risk of information leaking out. Still, I didn't like her much and that's because something about her irks me.

"Just checking, You're stupid if you think i will sleep when there's a possible mole living among us." She mockingly speaks and I roll my eyes. I thank my observation skills and psychology course I had taken in college even though I thought it had no significance in my life.

"I can't sleep if I know that somebody is keeping my sister caged, you know? The days are going by and soon, the day will come when I will kill the people who dared to hurt my sister and free her.'' I felt her words, and my brother was one of the reasons why I'm awake.

I nodded at her understandingly and for a moment she looked lost but then she said, "I see you have finally adjusted into this world. last time i saw you, you were a scared little duck.'' I frowned at her words but decided to be polite for once.

"I wasn't a scared little duck then and I am not one now. I was just new to everything."

"No, there's a change in your emotions, you look more furious than scared. trust me , that change is good. you will need that change to hang on it when life throws you off of the cliff. I thought you would be just like your parents, but you're different." That caught my attention.

"You know my parents?"

She snickers and laughs lightly, "Ofcourse, everybody here knows about your family. word spreads like fire here but it's always silent. Nobody knows what others know about them and that's why we are always on guard. In fact, I know that your parents have a hand in taking my sister away."

"Then, shouldn't you be holding a grudge against me? I mean, my parents were doing some unthinkable shit and nobody knew about their business." My confused state amused her but the warmth look on her face somehow brought some comfort to me.

"I know about you more than you know yourself and I tried to hate you but during the plan making session we had, something changed my mind. I didn't think you would help with the plan but you were ready to sacrifice anything to plot against remy."

"Well, my brother is stuck there too and I need him, he's been my everything."

"We will get him and others too. This time, Remy is going down mercilessly and there's no stopping it. Well, you look tired and this has been a good session. Rest well tonight, you will need a lot of energy tomorrow."

With that, she walked away into the shadows and I was left staring at those haunted robots again before going on my way to prepare for the worst that was about to come.

...............................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.