CHAPTER - BLOODSHED

Time was ticking away as I tiptoed my way to the staff room

Time was ticking away as I tiptoed my way to the staff room. Before everything happened, I used to work in a hotel which was not that expensive as this hotel is but the staff room is essential for any hotel. It feels like ages ago but I'm glad that I remember and I think this might help. There were just clothes and cleaning tools. The room was dusty and had a dim light which didn't help much.

I find a door which was written 'off limits', I don't waste any time barging in. To the right side of the room had an electricity panel. I wish I studied more about this because these words on the panel were foreign to me. Nothing made sense so I did what anyone would do. I switched off every source of electricity in the hotel and as soon as lights went out, I hope Fergus gets an advantage out of this.

Rushing back to the same place is stupid but Fergus has to make it out alive. When I reached the hall, I couldn't see anything but as I walked in the hall, a gunshot rings in my ear and a sharp pain in my arm made me cuss out loud. When I put my hand on the wound, there was something wet on my fingers. Shit! I moved out of my position and held my arm while trying to find Fergus .

This is not even about me but I can not sit and watch this happen. My mom has always taught me to follow what my heart says. These people don't need my help but Fergus is the only way I can find my answers and that's why I'm going to help him. The gunshots were now fired aimlessly hoping that someone would lose but it kept going on forever. Now that I think of what I did, I made it even worse. I can't see anyone and my arm is numb and weak.

Something shone in the dark and for a split second I could recognise who it belonged to. The Vulture Brooch pin was the only thing I needed to spot him. Before I could lose him, I had no choice but to leave my injured arm free and catch him but my body collided with someone. The heavy body was enough to make me dizzy and everything around me was just muffled. A high pitch sound kept ringing in my ears but I kicked around to get up. Eventually I got up and Fergus didn't move but I could see his brooch shining dimly.

I would really like to thank the mirrors now that I found him. I grabbed his hand and searched for an exit. The exit was easy to find and when we left, I realized he didn't talk at all. He was quiet and he let me lead the way. I took a look at Fergus as we came out of the hotel. His face had bruises and his knuckles were bleeding. He looked beyond exhausted.

We walk up to his car in silence. I was now furious at him for being too quiet and the driver in front kept glancing back at his hand. A gold locket with a heart shape was hanging off from his bloody hand. The thorns on it shone with its beauty and everything about it screamed power. There's no question that he would go after a locket.

He notices that I was staring at the antique and says, " It's good to know that you reacted quickly and did everything to make this mission successful. If you didn't switch off the lights, then it would have been difficult to take what I wanted."

This man has huge ego problems, he just doesn't want to say thanks to me for saving his life. I rolled my eyes at how he said it in a monotone like he didn't want to mean it. The mission was successful so does that mean I will get some answers if I wanted to?

"I just kept up with the deal we had, come by the house, there is something important to tell you." He nods and keeps his stare ahead and I look outside the window, staring at the sunrise that has made the last few hours in a few years and my heart yearns for some answers strongly.

"How was your first time being on a mission?" Fergus asks me with a smirk on his face and suddenly he was happy as if he got something he wanted. I scoffed and replied with an ungrateful tone, "The only good thing happened is that I met Elias and the blood massacre was something I didn't want to witness today."

"Ohh Elias , the same guy who barged into the hotel room right? What a smart one! I thought he was being chased by someone dangerous but truly he just came here for the sake of a game and not to meet you. He was the guy that Antonio wanted and he made Antonio think that I was planning against him which blew my plan. Antonio's men were after him and he just made it difficult for me to get this locket. Luckily, you understood your purpose and you did what I wanted you to do."

He never ceases to surprise me. Fergus could be wrong but the perfect timing between Elias' leaving and the fight between Fergus and Antonio. Fergus had a strange smile on his eyes while his bloodied fingers were gripping the locket tightly.

"What is it that you truly want? This locket is something you will never chase." I ask him with my full attention. He raised his eyebrows and smiled at me, the smile reminded me of the first encounter with him.

"I'm just paying them back for what they gave me. They made me a bad guy and that's what the world will see. You will be the surprise element for them and what comes next, I will make sure that everybody who destroyed me."

This felt calm before the storm and I was afraid of two things. I was afraid that I may get caught up with this storm and lose myself. I was afraid that he was going to become a bigger monster than he already was.

" I had enough of the blood shed for today." I spoke with a tired voice and drifted away into unconsciousness, hoping that sleep can somehow give me some peace. Before the soft roaring of engine could comfort me back to sleep, Fergus mutters under his breath,

"Well, he's not going to be a problem anymore." He meant Antonio but what exactly did he mean by that? I didn't see anyone killing him and we just escaped from death.

"He's going to meet Remy now to tell all the details about his mission which he clearly failed but he won't tell that to her. She will not spare him but he doesn't know that she knows. She always knows."

The same necklace was now bleeding with blood that belonged to Fergus.

...................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to read and share.