CHAPTER - ANTONIO

Just like Alonso, there is no actual information about Fergus

Just like Alonso, there is no actual information about Fergus. I'm glad that this house has a library where you don't only find books but newspapers dated back to the 1900's. back then, public was so against Fergus that they were willing to join in a secret agency which often lead to suicide mission. Youngsters raged and striked against him. They all got fooled like when they thought they killed Fergus in his own mansion in front of his people. Little did they know that he used his own men as prop to fake his own death. There were a lot of disturbing images in the newspaper where he didn't even hesitate to kill someone in the presence of small kids. Some people heard him say that he wanted to be the one who opens the wooden box. The wooden box was the centre of attention in 1997 when random gangs would try to find and claim it but it was never found.

In short, I think he is still searching for it and he also wants me to spy on someone. Rationally thinking, if I don't obey him, he might take away the one thing I need and I won't be able to find him. People have always talked about how money is not that important but family and friends are and I agree with them. But what do you do when you don't have any answers behind the disappearance of your parents? Money plays an important role here because I need to work through people who have connections with my family and they might be not so good people.

I have always thought that my parents were the purest souls and I envied them back then but now that I'm learning some facts about them, it makes me think if they ever lied about everything that went on in their lives. I wanted to find my parents but look where I ended up.

No matter what I do, I can't really forget how Fergus reacted while I bluffed about how he killed the missing girl and her family. He looked responsible for whatever happened to them. He would have not been angry if he knew that there was one woman in the family who survived. There must be something I'm missing out on. All I know is that when the red hoodie took the bronze coin, there was determination in her eyes which only explains that the coin means something to her. The more I think about these events, the more I'm getting involved which is bad news. All I wanted was money but now somewhere deep down, I believe I will get more than just money.

A sudden roar of engine outside made me sit up from the couch. Only one person could drive an expensive car and I have a feeling that he will bring bad news. I rolled my eyes with annoyance when he walked into the house with so much confidence that it irks me from within.

"Come to deliver some news? Or to just annoy me with your arrogance?" I asked him with a sarcastic tone while crossing my arms. His grey suit made him look more intimidating than ever but I got used to it and it doesn't affect me. He doesn't affect me except when he's angry or when he comes too close to me.

"Good news is that you're coming with me to begin your mission and be careful of what you speak to others. There are people who have much more evil intentions than me. They have a goal, a desire that they want to fulfil and you're just a pawn in their twisted games. They don't get angry, they let their beast out when they want something." that sends chills down my spine. How is this even good news? This is literally my judgement day.

My pale expression gave away all my doubts as he spoke, "That's not the good news but the point is I'm going to follow you and keep a track of your location. My men will protect you if there is any danger. We may be working on this together but we do not know each other when we step in their territory. I assume you're prepared for this because one wrong move then everything goes down."

I nodded and soon we left the house, all I could ask myself is how am I going to do all of this? Fergus being with me assures me of safety but I don't trust him. He might be the one of the people who play those disgusting mind games with people and use them. What if he is warning me of his next plan?

His Bugatti Divo was something I could stare at for a lifetime. It was a beauty that I have always admired. Growing up, I had a lot of interest in cars and I was obsessed with cars in childhood but now things are different but my love for cars hasn't changed at all.

It was no surprise that one of his men was going to drive us to some place. I couldn't hold my curiosity anymore and asked him,

"So what's the first step?" I look at his side profile as he continues to look outside the window. I gave up thinking that he would reply anything and I looked away to finally set my gaze on the trees that seemed as they were running.

He finally exhales and says with no emotion, "It's time to play my own game but first we need to meet my friend." He looked at me and there was slight anger in those eyes.

"Antonio, I need something that he owns and you will help me get that."

Right now, there are so many people in my life that it's too overwhelming. Antonia is Fergus' friend which was alright. They are friends so nothing can really go wrong.

.............................................................................................................

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share.